Where’s the waveform disappeared to?

I can add that this is also true for Android (I had to go to the playstore to get the update, now it works).

The waveform went away yesterday on my iPad and was still missing this morning but has now come back, so it has updated itself.

1 Like

Same problem for me - no waveform displaying on my iPad 11 pro (2018) but fine on a Windows PC. Turns out I had to manually update the iPadOS remote in the Apps store. Was also running 1.7 (build 537) previously

No luck for me. Restarted the core and iPad but don’t get any waveform on the iPad. I do get it on my MacMini/Core. App Store offers to open the Roon Remote but not to update it.

Hi @Dave_Richardson,

If you search for Roon on the app store, do you not see the update for build 571?
Which country are you located in?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Waveform missing?

Remember, you only get the waveform on local files and not when streaming from Qobuz or Tidal.

My iPhone is on the latest version (1.7 build 571), and it does not display the waveform, is that right?
I have never paid attention before, so I am not sure it has been there before since it is not important to me. But since someone here mentioned it, I was just curious.

Btw, my iPad shows it, just my iPhone does not and both on them on the same version, same for the Roon Server run a Mac Mini.

I noticed losing the waveform after downloading 571 on to my Nucleus. I find the feature useful particularly with classical music which has big variation in sound levels. After seeing this thread I went to the App Store, downloaded 571 onto my iPad and the waveform is back!

Also experiencing the missing waveform on my Amazon Fire HD 10 app. And there does not appear to be an update for it in the Amazon App Store. Current version showing 537.

Phones don’t show it.

3 Likes

I had updated all remotes and the waveform was still missing. Then I had to restart my Core (ROCK) and after that I was able to upgrade that to latest - Voila: the waveform was back.
I guess you have to have all updated before it returns.

Just to confitm that on my system the waveforms are back and working.

Wobare:

Apparently, the last update has killed this waveform/progress bar - now just a straight line. I hope that Roon will restore that since, like you, I referred to that wave form while queuing and listening to music.

Some have stated that it’s dissappeared only on streamed music, but that is not correct as I only listen to my hi-res files stored on my music server.

Roon, please look into this…

Thanks

Have updated the client and the server to 571 and rebooted everything?

Good morning. Server is updated to 571; My iPad Air (Version 3) - latest - is still on build 537. No client update for this device is being presented - not yet available?

It should be. What country are you in?
The waveform won’t show until it is updated.

I’m in the US.

Is definitely released. Have you checked the app store?

How do I update it on the iPad if no update notification is being presented?