Where to put my PDF files

Yes this is standard Acrobat in Mac.

Is somebody of Roon up there to solve this?

Well, then we need to move this whole thread to the Support category of the forum where it will be seen and responded to by a member of the Support team. I’ve just moved this thread for you.

Thank you so much, I did not know.

Wher can I find this Support category?

I see it, thanks.

This is my solution if pdf does not work.

I took screenshots of my pdf file and put these screenshots like in Finder, see image.

That works, but thiw does NOT work with the Qobuz or Tidal Albums, hope there is a solution als for this.

Well, no, it won’t work with Qobuz or Tidal albums - because these are streamed albums and there is NO local folder associated with streamed albums. I think you’ve been labouring under a misunderstanding of what’s possible and what isn’t.

Ok, this is pity? It could be possible of course.
It works with your own library and that’s fine and as you know a lot of people want this possibility also.
People need liner notes, though if Roon does not support this, maybe Qobuz and Tidal will?

Especially vinyl addicts like me are accustomed to these.

Roon go for it.

Qobuz supplies PDFs with many of its albums, and Roon will include these. Tidal don’t.

I know, also Qobuz not as much a should be.

But how come that putting apdf file into the music folder in Finder not always work, see discussion and screenshots here before .

1 Like

It looks to me like the first one is a problem with how the .pdf is filed. I’ve put the files into a hierarchal outline format labeled A, 1, a, etc. In that one you’ll see that the .pdf (B) is on the same level as Alison Krauss (A), so the database may think it is a duplicate artist file. The .pdf has nothing to associate it with the album (level 1) or the artist (level A).

I’m not sure about the second one, since that .pdf is in the appropriate place structurally. It may be a naming convention, though, since it isn’t numbered as a track nor has a name that associates it with the folder.

Although Roon is supposed to be able to watch multiple folders for the Roon library, any database needs to have fields that link one data set to another. I’ve just always found it easier to have the .pdf’s and/or graphics filed inside the folder with the tracks themselves and recognized as tracks by the database.

i only use iTunes now for importing albums into the library. There may be other programs to import and catalog, but it’s just the one I’ve gotten used to. In my case the iTunes library folder is the folder Roon scans for changes and is, in fact, the Roon library.

Thank you Robert,

Your suggestion about the Alison Krauss file renaming and placing, does not help.
Raising Sand, doesn’t work either. Of course it stays as a pdf file.

Geoff of Roon doesn’t give me any advice as you can read.

The best solution is to make screenshots of the pdf file and bring it in my music folder, that works.
But should not be.

Of course I am open to any solution

Geoff is just a user like yourself, not a part of roon.

Thanks for your information.

I thought members of Roon should respond.

Is there any Roon member who can help with these problems?

You’ve described the issue you’re having, but it would also help the Support team in their diagnosis if you described your system setup as this post asks:

Given the nature of your issue (PDF files in your local library are not being displayed), then the following information (in bold) will be very helpful:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

One additional piece of information that would be useful is a screenshot of Roon’s Album details page for that Alison Krauss album: “Now That I’ve Found You”. This is the screenshot of the Qobuz version of the Album, and, as you say, Qobuz do not supply a PDF for it. Please show a screenshot of the album that you have in your local library for a comparison. Thanks.

Hi @Henk_ter_Maten1,

First, can you give some information about your setup? We need to know:

• What kind of Core you’re using
  • Where your media is stored

Let’s focus on one specific example here:

Please share a screenshot of the album via Finder showing the PDF and then a screenshot of the album in Roon showing the PDF missing. We’ll focus in on that example and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I will come back, first at all I have some more important things to do.

See you later,

thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.