Where to report apparent bugs & the like?

Roon Core Machine

Apple MacBook Pro (15" 2017)

Catalina 10.15.7

3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Virgin Media Hub 3 connected to laptop via ethernet.

Connected Audio Devices

Raspberry Pi 4b with Allo BOSS DAC connected to router via ethernet & to analogue amp via standard phono.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I can’t seem to find a particular area for bugs so I’ll stick it here & you can shoot me later.

When I want to move to a particular part of my library I start typing & Roon takes me straight there.

Sometimes.

In fact, only if I’ve used my mouse to scroll the library slightly. This seems to sort of “wake it up” & then I can type.

But if, say, I’ve finished listening to an album & I hit the left arrow & this takes me back to the library, then if I start typing, nothing happens. It’s almost as though Roon is away with the fairies, having listened to what I was listening to, & needs to be reminded that it has a job to do.

Is this normal?

3 Likes

It’s the same for me. Navigating back to the Albums or Artists pages and then starting typing doesn’t work for me either. In addition to moving your mouse, tapping the up or down arrow also seems to “wake it up”.

So, quite possibly normal, but also a bug.

It would be helpful to say if you are doing the typing on the core you listed or on a client device.

Yes, it would. On the core device in my case.

1 Like

Client software, running on the same machine that’s running the core.

LOL, didn’t even know I could do that…here I’ve been, scrolling away, looking for artists and albums, learn something every day. Keep 'em coming @Snowdog. :slight_smile:

Oh, and mine does the same thing on client machine.

1 Like

Same behavior here, didn’t really notice until it was spelled out (literally). Play an album or track, move back to the Albums page in My Library, and it registers the typing by showing the words on-screen, but until I physically click in the Albums window, the typing does not automatically navigate to the correct name being typed. This is on my Core laptop, a 2019 MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.3.1.

Good spot. I see the same behaviour. I also run the core on the same machine as the client,

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.