Which HQP Filter are you using? [2015-2023]

Will reply in the NAA thread. Let’s keep this thread for the favourite filters discussion.

1 Like

Also why we are on the topic, there is a known issue with Roon resetting the Enable MQA core decoder setting on devices upon restarting the service back to “off”. Ticket has been filed, and the workaround is to set your device as a renderer only (instead of no MQA support) as this will save your settings after the Roon Core process restarts.

I’ve been noticing it the past couple of days on my devices, and manually fixing each time I restart Roon. I’m setting up the workaround now (Note: if you have your device set up as @jussi_laako outlined above you will run into the issue if you restart the Roon core service - reboot the server, update etc.)

2 Likes

Thank you for the info! I will do it that way!

2 Likes

@Michael_Harris this more accurate explanation of what’s happening with my ifi streamer when I turn off the DAC-60-amplifier and then back on, any settings that may need to adjust? Sorry to jump here, is both ifi and HQPlayer.

Jussi and Dabassgoesboomboom would have been my next suggestion.
I think from memory that Jussi had a Zen Stream, at least in the past.
Hopefully they can offer help with this.
I have put out a request to two of the others in the other thread as well to see if they can help.

There was a post about this just yesterady. Unless I am misunderstanding your issue.

It’s a good idea to keep an eye on all of the HQPlayer topics on this forum.

Subscribe for notifications (I sound like a YouToober) :smile:

There’s different threads for different discussions. This thread here is for favourite sounding filters.

See here in HQP Desktop thread yesterday:

Many thanks and sorry for intrusion, kind of lost in post subjects :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No need to apologise to me!

Sometimes it can help others with similar issues, if things have dedicated threads for problems.

Not a big problem though! Hope your issue gets sorted

1 Like

Many thanks ! Really appreciate As I want my family to also enjoy Roon, every time I turn back the amplifier I need to adjust the HQPlayer and iFi streamer, otherwise no sound :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just turn off the Zen Stream as well - it is easy from the front panel button. And then turn it back on after turning on the amplifier, but even without correct order HQPlayer will reconnect once both are back online.

1 Like

That’s why it works for me, as I always turn it off.
When I turn it back on it always works perfectly again.

Sorry @Moy I hadn’t linked that part :flushed:

I’m going to have to put it down to the heat plus that I have been driving and brain clearly wasn’t thinking properly about Roon things.

2 Likes

Genius! It’s working @jussi_laako ! Many thanks :pray:t2:

Many thanks @Michael_Harris ! Your efforts of helping are really appreciated !

1 Like

Hi all. So, I just got the new Gustard R26 and had some terrible results upsampling PCM to DSD with convolution and eq on my i5 6700k and integrated graphics. I had to drop to 44.1 x64 for the longest playback before issues. It would play with some settings but then drop out and i’d have to close Roon/HQP for it to recognize as DSD and then when it played after a while, it would a channel would drop out and it would alternate and sometimes music would stop and resume.

So, I have an old Surface Pro X collecting dust. Been thinking of trading it in for a new i7 Surface Pro 8. Do you think it would be worth it to get it and move over to using it?

If so, what kind of settings could be possible?

So I’m good on DSD but can’t get audio from PCM…any ideas?

Check if the ADI-2’s volume knob is down low? Or are you using headphones?

Also enable ipV6 at the bottom there

Also use LNS15 for dither at 768k

Everything else looks fine

Thanks, it was the Dac. Forgot the remote volume was active in PCM. Had it muted.

No worries. Those other things I mentioned above weren’t related but still recommended

Hi @Eminent_One
I have looked up, Gustard R26 looks like intersting device with tons of features, congrats! hope you are enjoying.

On your question - in general PCM to DSD conversion in HQP is CPU demanding… The result would depend on the choice of filters and modulators in the process. Integrated graphics do not play role. What were the settings that have set you back?

Speaking of Surface Pro, I dont know how will it perform but I would also check the CPU, it surely will be some G or U mobile series that are normally capped in performance to manage thermal issues. Question is what are those capable of…

EDIT: I just looked up how much these Surface Pros cost… if we speak about the same thing, it is $2000+ OMG! I have just build 12900k server at $1000…

1 Like

After posting I did some research and it is an i7 1185G7 processor and wouldn’t be any better or worse than the 6700k so maybe not the solution I was looking for. May have to look into something else if you have a recommendation. I have been wanting to build a new pc, just didn’t feel like it and spend the cost if I didn’t have to. Building would be cheaper for sure.

As far as settings, I tried multiple filters starting with poly gauss long for 1X and hires lp for NX. 44.1 x256 for start and ASDM7EC and backed off until 44.1 x64 where it would play longer or start faster but resulted in the channel drops and silence, sometimes to never return and I had to close Roon and HQP for it to initialize and play again.