Which HQP Filter are you using? [2015-2023]

If you can get 44.1k x512 running OK, you can use that one instead of trying 48k x512. My i5-11600 is similar, 48k x512 is so close to overwhelming the CPU.

x256 vs x512 is much bigger difference than 44.1k x512 vs 48k x512. Mostly the latter one matters if you prefer some filter which cannot do conversions between rate families.

2 Likes

Some people have got EC modulators working at DSD1024, but so far that requires 12th Gen Intel or newer i9 K-series that is seriously overclocked. So not easy thing to get running. With non-EC modulators there’s also plenty of stock hardware that can do it.

RTX3090 will certainly help as offloading filters lifts off quite a bit of load from the CPU allowing higher boost clocks for the fewer high loaded cores.

Once I get my hands on 7000-series Ryzen, I will certainly do some testing. Unfortunately 5x increase in electricity prices and significant inflation in past six months is significantly limiting what I can invest on testing hardware.

Makes sense. I think my goal will be to stick to EC modulators and 512 then play with filters depending on source and genre.

Totally understand the challenges with cost, especially if you have to bump up to an AM5 board. I hope you get there soon!

Try this one working for me on 139k alone. I can’t do any pcm-dsd1024 ECv2 though so you’re not alone.

Add images

Thanks for the suggestion. I get clipping with any of the EC modulators (v2 or not!), but the non EC ones work ok… currently running AMSDM7 512+fs at DSD1024 well enough. I guess now I just have to test whether I prefer EC at 512 or not :slight_smile:

For reference this is also now with the 3900X set to 4.3GHz with simultaneous multithreading off to try and pull more from single core. I’ll try and OC it a little more later and see if that unlocks the EC modulators at all!

Clipping? Please ensure that your HQPlayer volume is not turned higher than -3 dBFS. If the “Limited” counter still increments from 0 during playback, turn down the volume further until Limited stays 0 at all times.

1 Like

Apologies Jussi, I used the wrong language. It is not volume clipping (limited count is 0, volume set at -3 dBFS as you say). I meant dropouts!

Continued here guys

Which HQP Filter are you using? [2023] - Audio Gear Talk / HQ Player - Roon Labs Community

1 Like