.... Which Lumin?

X1. Man this thing is HEAVY and SOLID and BEAUTIFUL. It’s a serious piece of kit. Pictures do not do it justice…

9 Likes

WOW!!! enjoy burning that in

1 Like

Looks fantastic!

1 Like

Nice! Enjoy. Yes, it does need a long break-in period. Let us know your impressions.

1 Like

Note that you may set the Analog Output Level to Low first, to be safe. If you bypass the preamp, please set the volume to a low value before playing anything.

I just got into streaming about a year ago and opted for the Lumin D2. Amazing sound for the $ I think. I am; however, thinking about upgrading too the X1 or T2. Based on what my dealer has shared he actually uses the T2 in his store with several high end audio lines. He thinks for the money T2 is a sweet spot. He does upsell quite a bit to the X1 though. My gut tells me to upgrade to T2 then the X1 later. When you get into X1 territory there are some other brands as well like DCS that are nice.

4 Likes

I debated the T2 vs. X1 purchase and elected for the T2. As both Lumin and your dealer have noted, the T2 is the “sweet spot” of the Lumin line-up with significant-trickle down technologies from the X1. I doubt I will upgrade to the X1, though I can’t say it wouldn’t be fun to hear what it might do in my system. I moved to a two-box system (amp plus T2 with Leedh Processing, so a preamp was not needed) from a high-end single box streaming amp. Great results!

1 Like

I’m leaning towards just having a 2 box setup (3 box in my case w/2 mono amps + Lumin). It just seems so simple and elegant.

I’ve had the big complex systems. They were nice but now I opt for simplicity.

3 Likes