Which tablets are you using?

Sony Xperia Z4 here. I was able to download and install from the Play Store.

Thanks everyone!

How is this working out for you Marc?

Hi Mike;

Works very well. Only thing is that it is fairly small area to select an option so works best with the stylus from the tablet. On the Nexus 9 there is just enough real estate to use fingersā€¦

Have not had an lock ups etc.

Marc

as I think I said said elsewhere I flashed an Asus TF301 Transformer pad to Android 4.4.2 - perfect use for an old tablet that was heading for the bin. Hinged keyboard means great battery life + it stands up great on a coffee table.
Current interface design mean that (as Roon have stated) anything much less than 9-10 inch display is a bit of a challenge.

2013 Nexus 7 currently, but the Roon UI is just too small to not drive one nuts.

Iā€™ve had a new tablet on my list of nice-to-haves for a while now and Roon is playing into that decision making process now. The recently announced Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 is currently at the top of my list with the Nexus 9 in second place. The lack of streaming support knocked an iPad off the list.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5ā€™ā€™ T800

Using an IPad Air2 ā€¦canā€™t wait for the app

Surface Pro 3

I looked at that one but thought Iā€™d need more ram, how large is your library if I may ask? Wondering if that one would work for meā€¦

Nice. Thatā€™s great to hear, may have to invest in one of those.

Does the private zone work well for playback? I tried a nexus 7 and couldnā€™t get files over 16/44.1 to play through the private zone.

This is a known issue that weā€™re looking into.

Is this a known issue for just the nexus 7 or for android tabs in general?

iPad Mini 2, App Store

I did similar, Galaxy Tab A with a free Chromecast for Ā£160.00 discovery struggles but thatā€™s it. All else works great and itā€™s a private zone as well if I want it. Perfect for me.

I am planning to buy a Surface 3 Pro to replace my useless IPad 4. If I do not understand wrong, this tablet will be compatible because it will be ā€œseenā€ by Roon as a computer with a full Windows OS, am I right? And second, will this Windows tablet be compatible with my Mac Mini, which hosts the Roon server? Thx in advance for the response

Yes you are right Roon sees it as a full Windows machine- itā€™s a good Roon experience - I have a Surface Pro 3 and it works without fault. At the moment is it not possible to control it (as an endpoint) from another device.

Cheers
Tom

Thx for your answer. And regarding the compatibility between Surface and Mac Mini, I am now able to control Roon server hosted in the mac mini thru my macbook pro. Will it be possible to do the same with the Surface/Mac mini?

Yes, you can. :wink:

As you might expect, Roon works just great on my shiny new Galaxy Tab S2 :grinning:

Today Iā€™m going to get me a Nexus 9 and therefore have a question for the Nexus 9 users and for the devs:

Are you already using Android 6 (Marshmellow) and is it working with the Roon App or are you still with Android 5 (Lollipop) and I should NOT update my soon-to-be-mine Nexus 9 to Android 6?

Thanks in advance for your input