"White Screen" Roon Bug Returns

The “white screen” problem returned with the latest Roon software release (I updated Roon 2nd week in June, 2020). The “white screen” issue was resolved in a prior Roon software release. It had been working fine for the last 3-6 months. I hope you can determine what reverted or was changed in the latest software release to cause this issue to reappear. (NOTE: I believe this bug is related to / affects Intel HD Graphics 4000 users).

LENOVO 2988A9U
BIOS
Version
LENOVO BIOS Rev: 9SKT9CA 0.0
Date
12/11/2018
MOTHERBOARD
Manufacturer
LENOVO
Model
MAHOBAY
Version
NO DPK
OPERATING SYSTEM
Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Version (Build)
1903 (10.0.18362)

PROCESSOR

Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
GRAPHICS

Intel® HD Graphics 4000
AUDIO

Realtek High Definition Audio
Intel® Display Audio
NETWORKING AND I/O

VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8
TAP-Windows Adapter V9
VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1
Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
MEMORY

16 GB

You sure no windows updates snuck in there too?

I have had Windows 10 automatic updates turned off for about 6 months. I don’t believe the issue arose from a Windows 10 update. The issue appeared immediately after I updated to the latest Roon software update.

Do you have the latest GPU driver installed (release date: 3/25/2020)?
Do you start Roon from the desktop or do you try to use it over Remote Desktop?
Which version of Roon are you using, 32-bit or 64-bit and have you tried to use the other one instead?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon stuck on jellyfish

Thank you for the recommendation. I just updated to the latest GPU driver (03/25/2020). Doing so did not solve the Roon “white screen” issue, but I’m glad to have this link so I can keep the GPU driver updated.

I am using Roon Version 1.7 (build 571) stable (64bit) on a Windows 10 64bit PC. I just removed Roon, rebooted and installed the 32bit version. This made the problem worse. The 32bit version causes Roon to display a white screen at startup with no possible way of using the program. The 64bit works properly UNTIL the Roon screen is collapsed to the toolbar. When the still-active program is clicked on in the toolbar to restore the screen, all that is displayed is a fully-white Roon screen.

An inconvenient workaround is to just keep the Roon screen open and move most of it off of the monitor, and allow other windows to open on top of the open Roon screen. But this is an awkward solution because of the natural tendency to click on the minimize button.

Oh by the way, I am not using Roon over a Remote Desktop (RDP) connection. I am operating it from my desktop PC screen and keyboard.

Shinyc, thank you for confirming this problem on your machine with the identical Intel HD Graphics 4000 hardware. Hopefully, this information will help the developer track down the “white screen” bug.

1 Like

I have Win 8 and noticed the same"white Screen" hug returning today.

both White Screen and Black screen bugs seem to be back :thinking:

I have LENOVO MT M3237 win W10 PRO and INTEL HD 2500 and I have the same problem with the last update.

Hello All,

Thank you for the reports.
Can you please provide the following?

1. A screenshot of the issue
  2. Press the bottom left “Windows button” and search for “System Information”
  3. Provide a screenshot of your System Information -> System Summary information
  4. Provide a screenshot of your System Information -> Components -> Display information
  5. Logs from your affected device immediately after the issue occurs. Logs can be accessed by using these instructions and sent through Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com or alternate means.

Roon 1.7 (Build 610) has SOLVED the “White Screen” bug on my above described PC which includes the following: Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz GRAPHICS Intel® HD Graphics 4000.
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

3 Likes

Hello All,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 610, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.