White screen, slow

Hey @Luke23,

Thank you for sharing your report with us. I would like to apologize for the difficulties you’ve been experiencing here. Upon review of your report and current setup, it appears that the issue is definitely stemming from the Intel GPU that is being utilized on your machine.

In the past we have seen these Intel GPUs, the 4000 in particular, have difficulties with OpenGL. You can read about this in more detail here, but Roon is dependent on OpenGL to operate. In systems with multiple GPU’s, we’ve seen improvements when people “force” Roon to use the non-Intel GPU, as described here. We know that’s not an option for everyone, but it has helped some of the reports of this issue we’ve seen.

I am having great difficulties trying to get Roon/MacMini to pass the sound through to my AVR Receiver without modifying it in High Sierra

May I ask that you please go into a little more detail for me here? How is the AVR connected to Roon? What exactly is happening when you try to play to it? How does that differ from Windows?

Regards,
Dylan