White Screen with Speaker in the middle

My Roon system was operating perfectly until a little over a day ago. Now when I go to my iPad, all I see is a white screen with the speaker in the middle. The speaker looks like it is pulsating. I am operating a ROCK and a PS Audio DAC with Bridge 2.

I have shut down everything and restarted everything a few times. Nothing seems to help. I can access the music on my Synology from my MacBook Pro.

Maybe I’m slow, but I really do not understand what you are trying to explain here :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Presumably it is just the Roon ‘jellyfish’ animation (which is supposed to be a speaker but…) on a white background.

Further system details are required. Is the core on your MacBook Pro?

My core is the ROCK

Try rebooting everything

Can you connect to Rock via it’s webgui?. Plug a hdmi cable in to the rock and connect it to a screen to see if the OS gives any indication of an issue there.

The Rock shows that everything is as it should be. Yesterday when I plugged in a hey this drive to the rock, the system went into a constant search mode where I had the white screen in the pulsating speaker. When I reset the database, things went back to normal but it took 12 hours for the database to rebuild.
When the white screen with the pulsating speaker comes up, you cannot access anything else in the Roon.

I did that. The only thing to finally work as resetting the database on the rock.

This is all I get.

Core Machine

ROCK
Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
[Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Mini PC/HTPC, Intel Quad-Core i7-8559U 2.7GHz, 8GB DDR4, 240GB
IPAD Air Series 4 running 14.6
Roon 1.8
PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC with Bridge 2 Streamer Network Card
Hard wired to network
Synology NAS. 23TB of music. 44,000 CD’s and 680,000 tracks of music

After resetting the database system runs well until I try and do something such as a backup. If I shut down the remote and restart, it gives me the white screen with a pulsating speaker.

I can always see the ROCK and the Synology NAS on the network.

Network Details

Comcast router
Ruckus Access points

Audio Devices
PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC with Bridge 2 Streamer Network

Library Size
44,000 cd’s
23 TB of storage
680,000 tracks of music
WRITE HERE

Description of Issue
After resetting the database system runs well until I try and do something such as a backup. If I shut down the remote and restart, it gives me the white screen with a pulsating speaker.

I can always see the ROCK and the Synology NAS on the network.

You probably should have linked your other thread as well to avoid getting the same basic advice again. So here he is:

Hey @Jeffrey_Mandel,

I wanted to follow up on this thread and see if there was anything else we could help with. Would you mind letting us know how things unfolded? :nerd_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 45 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.