Looks beautiful. :+1:

1 Like

Wonderful looking deck.

How many do you have now?

1 Like

gorgeous.

what are we looking at?

1 Like

This is a Brinkmann Bardo with the RöNt II.
At the moment sporting a Brinkmann Pi, on loan!

3 Likes

Oh fessin up’ i’ll have ti say about 5-7 different one’s! :laughing:

2 Likes

Wow that is definitely a number :star_struck:

1 Like

Cant compete here…lol
Down to just 4 tables right now…

3 Likes

The key words there are “Down to” :wink:

4 Likes

It simply deserves it’s place in the “turntable hall of fame”.

Linn Sondek LP12, Ekos, Cirkus, Trampolin, Lingo 2 and Lyra Etna into Grandinote Celio

13 Likes

Absolutely!

Disclosure: I have almost the exact same turntable but with a different cartridge (Grado Reference) and phono preamp (Grado).

1 Like

I hope you mean 5-7turntables rather than records :+1:
For the record(intentional and not sorry) I am inadequate and only have two , an SME and a Thorens.
How come 5-7 surely you know exactly or are some more on the way/leaving?

Of course! Don’t know the exact no of records but around 2.500-3.000 where half is readily available in the listening room and the other half stored nearby.

I have two decks up and running at any given time and 5 turntables in circulation. Two more in storage needing some form of attention (A Thorens TD-160 Super with an RB-300 and an Opus3 Continuo with a Cantus linear tracking arm). The Brinkmann is in Germany for maintenance and i also have a Rega Planar 3 incoming! Just for the fun! :slight_smile:

Most of a turntables sound is the cartridge (IMO), but do you notice a distinct difference between all these tables or is it just for the different mechanical feel?

I like them for their tactile properties, of course, but i also feel that the turntable contribute markedly to the “sound”, not just the cartridge. The cart’s absolutely have “personalities” also, but they all do something i like and enjoy.

So basically the answer to the question “Why?” is: I enjoy the tinkering as well as the different musical presentation the decks provide. Add to that the various versions of the “truth” the cartridges provide, and i’m happy as a pig in mud! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I only have one turntable, an upgraded VPI Scout with a Sumiko Starling cart, but I can definitely see the appeal of a TT collection.

What’s your opinion of needing a mono cart for mono recordings?

Oh, i dont have more than a handful of mono albums so it’s not really my cuppa’.
I have heard a couple of mono setups playing genuine 50’s jazz albums and those do really sell themselves!

1 Like

@Mikael_Ollars What is your favorite record player of those you own? My new to me Bardo will be set-up this weekend. I can’t wait I went with a Delos cartridge, for now the std power supply and 10" arm.

On an interesting note, I had Wally Analog do an analysis on my cartridge and provide the requisite shim. The bad part is, I will not be able to do a before and after report just hoping for initial awesomeness.

:slight_smile: The very reason i have more than one is that i have many favorites!
I usually claim that the Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S is my “desert island” turntable, not overly expensive, very reliable and good sounding and a beauty to look at.

The Bardo and Viella are my references though and when properly set up there is no doubt they are superior regarding sound quality. The Bardo is the rhytmically driven one with great propulsion in percussive music but may loose a little towards the Viella when it comes to atmosphere and ability to project a scene.
The RöNt II/III adds a little flesh to bones but doesnt sacrifice tempo or detail in the process.

I have only begun my journey with the Bardo however, only listened to it with one cartridge, the Brinkmann Pi. I will definently experiment more, and the Delos is one of my most appreciated pickups.

1 Like

The SP1000 mk2 received an over due spring clean.

Sounds much better now, especially when I listen with my eyes.

12 Likes

I have the last best turntable from Audionote (England) with Myajima Nadake cartridge. All my records are originals of the 70’s and 80’s. They sound better on my turntable than all the remastered files on Qobuz or CDs.

1 Like