Who has a turntable in their setup?

Here’s my turntable, playing Chris Rottmayer, Sunday at Pillars. A very appropriate album for a relaxing Sunday afternoon/evening.

13 Likes

Found this stunning Woodsong (Chris Harban) plinth on LP12Bits…

15 Likes

Had to send back my MP100 twice because of a buzzing sound coming from the unit itself, finally exchanged it with a Vertere Phono-1 MkII L and pretty happy with the swap.

6 Likes

I’ve got the black version of this and am thinking about getting the DG-1S turntable to pair with it as well.

3 Likes

Nice tt, had a listen when the Vertere designer was in Singapore some months back.

New cart! (Or, exchanged perhaps)

Old guys needs “tools”!

Running in!

15 Likes

Yours. For $60,000 :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

That will be a hard sell , this would be my choice.

7 Likes

Family decided they want to get into vinyl now, so added a TT to the family room setup. The Pro-ject I had wasn’t cutting it due to the finicky belt on the outside of the platter, and my dealer had this Music Hall Classic at a demo price. RCA to 3.5mm jack using the MH onboard phono stage. Note if you need to ground a TT to LS50W’s, there are small assembly screws on the back of the speaker, and easing one out worked for me. Forgot how much fun playing actual records can be!

12 Likes

Welcome to the club :smiley:

2 Likes

This!
Welcome to the very wide and deep rabbit hole known as record playback :wink:

3 Likes

Nice Charles,

I think @AceRimmer meant more like a black hole that sucks in all available money and time.
That was why my wife let me have one, it would keep me out of trouble in retirement.

Enjoy it

3 Likes

I am looking at either the Rega10 or Michell GyroSE. Do any of you have either or both of these and/or have you ever considered either? Thank you.

1 Like

I have the P10 with Apheta-3 on a Naim SuperLine (loaded with 500R) and I totally love it. Had the P8 with Ortofon Black before and the 10 does everything better and just so much more naturally/effortlessly. I also love the unfussy nature of Rega players, just follow the simple instructions for their support and off you go. But I can’t compare with the Gyro (and it never entered my mind for taste reasons).

If you are considering the P10 and have the funds, I’d take the upcoming new Rega Naia into account, which Rega says is just as good as the limited Naiad.

2 Likes

Thank you; that was very helpful.

1 Like

Just picked up the P6 (upgrade from the P3) last week. I’m running it through the NAD’s built in phono pre-amp, but I’m planning on grabbing the Fono MM MK 5 here in the next few months. It really is an upgrade from the P3 and I love not having to adjust the belt for 45 rpm (I have some albums and EPs at that speed). I imagine this’ll probably be my end-game turntable with a few upgrades.

10 Likes

@John_Claude Probably, hmmmm, I’ve heard of that word before … :crazy_face: :wink:
Enjoy :+1:

1 Like

Noooo @Charles_Peterson !!!

It’s not too late to turn ‘back from the black’ and save your SOUL!! :wink:

2 Likes

7 day’s in. It’s almost certainly too late to save him now Martin.
Best call his Financial advisor and give out the required warnings :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Yup Michael. He’s already had his first ‘fix’.

Desolation, obsession and the abyss await. And that’s before he discovers record cleaning machines! :laughing:

2 Likes