Who picks what?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

HP dedicated laptop

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Node 2i - Metrum DAC

Description Of Issue

Love Roon - but been struggling between TIDAL picks and Roon Recommendations. Is there a way to display what TIDAL recommends (albums or playlists) as they appear on the TIDAL native app to show up on Roon TIDAL menu? Hate to browse in two different applications to get the best music.

For example - in the TIDAL native app under ‘Suggested New Album’ came across In a Deep and Dreamless sleep album by Mint Julep - a jewel of an album. This is nowhere to be found in Roon, even when you browse the TIDAL service. I would have completely missed this album had I not been browsing TIDAL along with Roon.

Are there other folks in the community struggling with this? What’s the best solution you’ve found - I definitely like the Roon sound and metadata.

Thanks,

I usually mark those intresting tidal app suggestions as favourite at Tidal, then do sync at Roon.
Problem with these extrernal services is that with Roon you are not connected directly to those services with services own API, you are connected to ROON own “copy of services database” with Roon API.
I think that limits possibilities to make these services as personal as with original API.
This is also main reason why you will not get those Amazon,Spotifyi and others services included to Roon as they dont provide that database dump to Roon, which is then mapped to have samekind data structure which Roon uses natively.

1 Like