Why all the TIDAL hate?

Why would you think Bloomberg Business would be objective in their reporting?

Itā€™s not that they have an agenda, itā€™s that the press is just as fooled by others as normal people. In fact, they are normal people. The sad thing is that the journalists should know betterā€¦ we hope.

TIDAL is fabulous, the Roon integration peerless and the sound great. Iā€™m very happy to pay my $20 monthly. Forget Jay Z and co, the product is what counts

3 Likes

Investigative ā€œJournalismā€ is mostly dead. The press are in a negative loop on Tidal. Tidal will just have to rise out and surprise with solid numbers.

I confess to being unimpressed by Tidal when it first appeared, mostly because of the frequent audio dropouts, lack of gapless playback and absence of album details. But, Tidalā€™s integration with Roon is superb - the two together have been rock solid and sound great. It sounds like things will improve on the metadata front as well.

Besides, thereā€™s nothing like a press hate campaign to make you think, ā€œmaybe that isnā€™t so bad after allā€. :wink:

1 Like

Overall very pleased with Tidal when using Roon.

My big problem with Tidal is their classical music selection. Upon launch they had the entire Chandos catalog. Now they only have titles prior to 2010. They started to get Harmonia Mundi selections about a month ago, but only released about 10. There have been no additions since then. With Universal Classics they do some weird things, like releasing only one part of a box set (i.e., Karajan 80s, Ferenc Fricsay edition). They are also missing a lot of the newer Warner Classics reissues (i.e., Kempe Strauss, Sargent Icon).

And, while I am at it, I am disappointed that Tidal does not have the following jazz labels, which appear on Spotify:

Hathut, CamJazz and Steeplechase.

@steveoat87 Have you told them?

Yes I have told them, but they never respond. Thatā€™s why I am posting here!!