Why buy a "raat device"?

OK. Let’s flag @support generally so we can get an up to date response for you. I have seen the skipping forward without playing thing when codecs don’t support the media. Do you have any local 48 kHz files ? How do they play ? The other potential culprit is network connections. Roon uses multicast and UDP so any options in routers or switches that interferes or limits those can create problems.

I’ll check this thread regularly now to ensure you get some better communication.

Just quoting your earlier post in the other thread so Support doesn’t have to hunt for it:

I have the skipping problem but it only occurs when playing tidal masters. I can play tidal hi fi for days continuos with no drop outs. Whenever I play a tidal master, the first track may play for a few seconds then music stops and I get message that network or connectivity is interfering with tidal playback.

I get internet through a wisp. Ethernet comes from my antenna in my attic down two floors to my listening room and connects to my apple extreme. Different Ethernet goes from the extreme down to my basement into a Macmini. In my listening room, I then run a short Ethernet from the extreme to a SoTM SMS 200. Then USB to my centrance dac mini.

I can play tidal masters through tidal app if I dont use Roon. Through the tidal app, the masters might pause for a brief glitch after a few seconds but play does not stop and the entire album will play just fine after that.

Can you provide some more details of your setup as per this thread ? That will help narrow things down.