Why do I have Bruckner, Anton and Anton Bruckner as Composers and what can i do about it?

Our first round of editing functionality was released a few months back and mostly concerns how your music is displayed in Roon – when Roon’s data is used vs when your file tags or edits are displayed, the editing of display fields like Artist name, album title, track title, etc.

What’s not yet possible (but is coming) is the actual editing of the “objects” that form our database – changing the links between works and composers or artists and albums, merging objects into each other, etc. This is all coming, but it’s a big project, so we’ll be letting everyone know the time frame as it comes together. There are a number of improvements to our classical feature set on our roadmap as well that should help in these cases.

For now, if you have albums that aren’t identified I would recommend using the Identify feature, as there’s a good amount of work done in our cloud database to address these equivalence issues, and in some cases this will be resolved by matching your files to our database (assuming that’s not already the case).

1 Like