Why do some 192khz files play and some do not?

Either click the upload button and then choose a saved file in the usual dialog. Or drag a file into the box. Or if you have the image on the clipboard, paste with Cmd+V on Mac, Ctrl+V on Windows, or long press on mobile

Here is screen shot

If you connect your Core machine directly, rather than using the Node 2i, do you still have problems?

The tracks are in all likelihood still separate files, just without embedded silence. Nothing is impossible, but it would be weird if it made a difference

U mean directly to my ps audio dac usb input? The node 2i goes to the dac. No I haven’t tried that, I need to download drivers for that, not even sure that would work. I’ll look into it I guess. Thanks

Yup. Just as an experiment to see if the Bluesound connection to Roon is the problem.

I’ll do some research first on here about node 2i problems. Gonna have to buy the right cable for this since I don’t have it

1 Like

Could be the ps audio causing problem too, right?

Dunno. I suppose anything’s possible. You have to experiment.

Good luck.

Just saw something. I am using toslink to my dac. I saw toslink does not support 192khz. Is that correct?

Coax doesn’t work either. I’ll try usb from laptop to ps audio dac

I think you’ve found the problem.

toslink cable does not like 192kHz? - General Forum - Audiophile Style.

Gonna try better coax cable

But if it’s that, why does one 192 kHz track work and not the other - and the one that does not work stops in the middle. Surely it has the same sample rate from the start. Very odd, looking forward to @CoochDigsMusic coax results

Well, it’s at least that.

1 Like

1 more question, the coax cable I have is from mono price, cheapy. It was advertised as being able to use as a coax and also analog cable. And doesn’t work for the 192khz. Is that even possible for the cable to be both coax and analog?

Why would you bother with that?

because I am a dope, was cheap, bad idea

Digital coax really needs to be 75ohm most analogue cables are not up to that. I would get a proper cable designed for the job

So, just bought new digital coax cable, guess what? Doesn’t work