Why doesn’t my nucleus hdmi work with my Marantz SR7013

• Nucleus
  • Marantz SR7013

I tried hooking up a HDMI cable, all I get is some tiny type at the top of the TV and no sound.

Have you setup the hdmi as an audio output in settings audio?

Yes,no luck

Hey @Peter_Neski,

Thanks for writing in! When selecting the zone from Roon, please double-check that you’ve selected the proper HDMI zone to sync with the input from your Marantz SR7013. Look in Settings>Audio (you will see an option for HDMI A or B.)

We’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Yes I tried that ,with no luck,tried both hdmi s with the same error message appearing in a tiny box on my tv

Hey @Peter_Neski,

To better assist you, please copy the following and provide a more specific and detailed breakdown of your full setup:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Also, are you able to share a screenshot of the error message you’re seeing? Please give your core, router and devices a hard reboot in the meantime.

Nucleus plugged into
TP link Router with Ethernet cable
Cambridge CXN2 streamer plugged into Router with Ethernet
79030 tracks

Trying to plug Nucleus into Marantz ST7013 with HDMI
Cable doesn’t work ,I get a tiny error message in the top
Left hand corner of the Tv
Thanks

Hey @Peter_Neski,

Are you able to share a screenshot of the error message you’re seeing?

Also, please read this article on the Nucleus Web UI . Can you please share a screenshot of this page? It looks similar to this for reference:

Lastly, please give your router and network a complete reboot to see if that helps as well.

I don’t understand that page that tells you how to get to the web ui I can’t find it
I finally got sound but no image out of the receiver,I get
No DSD four channel ,but I heard that’s impossible with
How I’m doing it
But I if I can get 5.1 from flax or some other file

Hey @Peter_Neski,

From either your windows desktop or iPad, follow these steps:

1. Open Roon and head into settings>setup

2. From there, you will either see a ‘Find Core’ in which case you should be able to connect to your Nucleus if you haven’t already. If you’re already connected, click ‘Configure’ from Configure your roon Core.

3. You will then see a screen showing the network address of your Roon OS device. This address is a link. Click/touch it, and your web browser will open up the web administration tool.

Another way to see this page is to type in the IP Address of the RoonOS Device in a Web Browser. In the screenshot you’ve provided, you can see your specific address on the last line of text. Type this into your web browser to view it.

From there, please send over a screenshot of the page. Thanks!

Thanks for this @Peter_Neski!

Stepping back from HDMI for a moment, I’d like to test a few other display options.

1. Does your Marantz have airplay built in? If so try heading to your Roon setting → Audio → Other Network Devices → Marantz (via AirPlay)

2. Does your Marantz have Chromecast built in? If so, tap on the speark icon in Roon and you should see the Marantz as a display option here.

3. Does your Marantz have a web browser you can use? If so, head to your Roon settings> Display and you’ll see a link under ‘Web display URL’ - paste that URL into your TV’s web browser and load that page.

Let me know if any of the above options end up helping!

-Ben

Thanks ,it does have airplay and I have really no use for that,or chomecasr since I have a Cambridge
CXN2 plugged in my router
I was trying to play DSD files without converting them to PCM. But have had no luck
I thought I might be able to stream 51 files through hdmi to my marantz.
The display doesn’t really matter now

Hey @Peter_Neski,

Got it, thanks for letting me know. Here is an article that breaks down the options for streaming DSD in Roon.

Give it a read, and let me know if you have any additional questions!

-Ben

This topic was automatically closed after 44 days. New replies are no longer allowed.