Why doesn't Roon promote at stereo shows

I’ve been to many stereo shows over the years. But I have never seen Roon promoting their services at any of them. I’ve seen vendors using Roon, but never Roon itself. You get some eager volunteers to do the work and just cover the expenses. It would pay dividends.

1 Like

I showed a system running Roon at an enthusiasts show 3-4 years ago and was the only one out of about 50 exhibitors. I used a 4G router and it worked pretty well. There was some interest in the software but people were more engaged in the hardware and music. Roon were at bigger shows in the past. I’m sure the only reason we haven’t seen them recently is because of present global circumstances.

1 Like

Can’t directly answer your question but in terms of getting the Roon name out there, adverts on audio web sites are likely to be vastly more efficient in terms of reaching intended audience. Over 4 years ago I had never heard of Roon but clicked on an advert out of curiosity on what is now audiophilestyle.com.

1 Like

Since every well-known manufacturer can’t get past Roon, advertising is provided for every audiophile hardware purchase. All audio magazines worldwide have praised Roon in the highest tones and trade show visitors are probably more interested in the hardware. Those who are satisfied will tell their friends, but not every musicophile becomes an audiophile. Many billions of people are satisfied with compressed music in their daily use and don’t hear any differences. It’s a learning process that has been going on for over a decade and knows many prejudices.

1 Like

Not true!
Roon were at Munich Hi-fi show in 2019 but to be honest I could not find the representative.

1 Like

I should have said in North America.

1 Like

Where the bush drum still rocks the beat alone, the Roon drummer will perform directly

3 Likes

Shame getting over the channel is so hard these days now it seems to be basically counted as enemy territory… :frowning:

Roon was promoted at the Dutch Audio Event in Veldhoven a few weeks ago.

1 Like