Why I Left Roon

I have my own issues with Roon, so I can see why there are many different reasons that people aren’t happy with it. There’s still a lot of low hanging fruit that could be improved before they even start to consider what other types of radical changes might take it to the next level. I’m a new customer so I’m going to give it a full year to see what happens. Sometimes I love it, other times I’m frustrated that Roon Radio is starting to become repetitive for some genres and I wish the Roon iOS app quality was A+ instead of B-.

I posted a reply to another thread recently where I suggested that Roon should add some way to pipe external audio into it so it can be distributed via RAAT etc. While it wouldn’t be a perfect solution and there are definitely some technical challenges, I think this would alleviate many people’s concerns about wanting Roon to integrate Amazon HD, Sirius, etc – because full integration may never be possible anyway (for technical and legal reasons beyond Roon’s control).

I’d be really curious to know why they haven’t done this yet, but it seems like Roon doesn’t comment on their road map as much these days as they used to.

2 Likes