Why I won't be renewing Roon

Hi @Lebowski,

Roon does not add TIDAL content to your library automatically. The way Roon’s integration with TIDAL works is that we reflect your TIDAL favorites exactly as it exists in TIDAL. We do not add any additional content that is not in your TIDAL library, nor do we automatically add TIDAL content to your TIDAL library.

With that in mind, I’d like to help in trying to track down the cause of the behavior you’re seeing here.

First, I’d like to compare your Roon TIDAL library and your TIDAL favorites.

1. In Roon, go to the Album Browser and Focus on only TIDAL content.
    • Focus > Inspector > Storage Locations > TIDAL Library
  2. Sort by Date Added, showing the most recently added albums.
  3. In TIDAL, go to your favorited albums and sort by Date Added. Compare this to Roon.
  4. In TIDAL, go to your favorited tracks and sort by Date Added. Compare this to Roon.

Can you share screenshots of the differences you’re seeing here?

As mentioned above, we’ve seen this type of behavior occur when the account was being used elsewhere without the knowledge of the primary account owner. I definitely recommend changing your TIDAL password just to be safe and seeing if this behavior continues.

Apologies for the troubles here, Chris. I can assure you that Roon does not add TIDAL content to your library automatically and we will do everything we can to make sure that we get to the bottom of what you’re seeing.

1 Like