Why is Bluesound 2i Uncertified in Roon audio setup?

Why is Bluesound 2i Uncertified in Roon audio setup?

Hello @jimmy_stabler,

At this time, we have a Bluesound Node 2i with our QA department, and certification is in progress but not yet complete.

We’re looking forward to the completion of this process, at which point the device will be fully certified as Roon Ready!

Thanks,
Noris

Can you explain what certified even means?

Hello @jimmy_stabler,

Roon certification mean that the specific device has passed our rigorous testing regarding their implementation of our RAAT protocol. This process ensures the highest level of Roon integration is available for our Partners and ensures that they meet our quality of standards for communication. I hope this explanation helps but do let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Noris

So just curious why it’s being held up since you have a partnership with bluesound. You had to know they were going to release a new version of the node and when it would drop. It seems to me you would want to have that certified ASAP for customer reliability.

I imagine (and hope!) that Roon will want Bluesound to address the presumed grouped synchronisation issues with the Node 2i before certifying another product that does not perform as it should.

1 Like

wasn’t aware of issue, but if that is true- then I would hope that as well :slight_smile:

There is no holdup.

Certification is a process and all partner devices go through the same process to guarantee you have the same quality of experience in all Roon Ready devices.

We received the new 2i devices recently and they are in the test queue along with other devices being certified.

I have a Node 2i also. When the certification is complete, will I need to update Roon or BluOS for the Roon Certfication to appear?

It works perfectly even without the certification.

Once the certification is complete, you won’t need to do anything – that’s handled by our servers.

1 Like

Just curious where this stands? Just picked up a NODE 2i and it still shows as unsupported.

2 Likes

right, I find it hard to believe it takes this long to certify unless there is an issue…It’s odd that Roon would want their customers to see “Uncertified” next to a well known product.

There isn’t just one product in the queue at any one time. If you search the forum the delays have been explained before and before and before…

oh yea…with the generic- “it hasn’t been through the certification process yet”?

I realize there are more than just 1 sitting in que

No I meant if you search the forum the roon guys have explained the certification process and why there can be delays. Often built into these sort of review processes, for example, in the statements of work there are turn around times written in. If both parties are busy they may take up the maximum allowable, which means even for something trivial it can be 2X the maximum, multiply that by a few faults and queries and it can be months.
I’m involved in a software synch that is in its second year, actual work time a few days, delays…

1 Like

The answer probably lies in this response regarding outstanding work from Bluesound.

1 Like

@Judelow 10/char