Why is my iPhone too old?

I have an iPhone 4s which is far below the requirements of 5s but if I had a iPhone 5 I would also be questioning why I can’t use the app.

Now that the app has no playback and is just acting as a remote I might as well walk 10m and change song that way.

My dreamlist would being able to steam to my phone outside my WIFI bringing TIDAL and local ALAC together into the same interface.

I guess it will remain a Dream. At least it is happening on my PC with lossless signal path.

Best wishes from a lifetime subscriber.
Wish I could bring roon on the road with me.

Open GL and hardware requirements.

I guess I should be happy I have a 64gb iPhone 4S being able to store my tiny local collection and unlimited data plan for TIDAL. When I got the mobile I had a tiny data plan of 1GB so I got a size to allow me to store TIDAL locally.

My personal Collection is only 20gb after having bought some new albums this spring.

If I had an iPhone 5 I would have the same resolution as the 5s and SE but would still fail to run the app.

[quote=“Ulf_Jalmbrant, post:1, topic:9883”]
Now that the app has no playback and is just acting as a remote I might as well walk 10m and change song that way.
[/quote]Several users complained they had to do that :wink:

The iPhone as an audio endpoint will come but there are some technically difficulties to be overcome in one of the libraries (Xamarin tools) that Roon uses. There’s some technical discussion on this forum by Roon in one of the other topics.

The discussion Carl was referring to can be found here.

1 Like