Why is Mytek Brooklyn an Unidentified Audio Device in Roon

Its curious to me the Mytek Brooklyn is not in the list of identified audio devices whereas both the Manhattan and the older Stereo 192 are, why?
My guess is there are more Brooklyn’s in use than Manhattans and 192’s combined.
Not a big deal, just curious.

1 Like

Same here.

Hello @John_Eaton & @rayski,

We’re still working on getting all of our Roon Ready and Roon Tested products into our new identification engine. Many times, this involves coordination with our partners for technical information as well as assets. Since the information is now populated from our metadata services, one day you may just wake up and open Roon to find that your device has been added!

-John

2 Likes

looking forward to this, can can you simply provide the avatar and we add this ourselves?

1 Like

@john When is the Brooklyn DAC+ going to be added?

2 Likes

Any news on this topic, John?

3 Likes

The DAC is listed as Roon Ready but it is still not recognized correctly?
What’s the problem? Roon or Mytek

As of May, Roon was working with manufacturers to have identification of several devices Mytek included and they say that we may expect this to be delivered any time…

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/why-is-mytek-brooklyn-an-unidentified-audio-device-in-roon/42540/2

2 Likes

Super Thanks

fingers crossed although that was exactly 4 months ago :frowning:

In terms of functionality, the difference is only getting the Brooklyn icon pictured and the best settings for it by default.
Meanwhile what i did was to identify the brooklyn as beeing the Manhattan II in order to get a more brooklyn similar logo instead of the generic speaker icon.

To bad this does not leave the brooklyn sounding like the Manhantan :wink:

2 Likes

ha nice wishful thinking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me know how that works out for you.
If your system sounds better with an image of a Manhattan, I my add an image of a dCS Vivaldi to my Roon set up.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I may try that today and see how it affects sound… :muscle: :grinning:

it is very annoying because you buy on the statement of Roon a Dac which is supposedly certified and he is not! It may be that it works but it is not finished certified because it is identified as unknown!

Kind of hard to believe this hasn’t been certified at this point @john. Why one Mytek DAC and not another? Especially the one with the largest installed base.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know, but the dac was so cheap I had to strike.

I would consider this feature very important if Roon managed somehow in the process to deliver Native DSD instead of DoP (being able to reach DSD256) only.
For this they would have to implement native drivers partnering with Mytek (and other manufacturers). I know that native mode for DSD is possible in Roon Rock as it runs on top of linux base.

Idenfication as far as i understood for now is only the DAC icon and the DAC’s best settings filled in for you automatically. This to me, athough nice, is not critical feature.

Hello @Michael_Grant & Others,

Roon’s policy is to not publicly comment on the progress of partner and device certifications. We have been working with Mytek to get the Brooklyn DAC into the device identification engine, as well as getting their new products into the Roon Tested program. I can share that significant progress has been made recently, and we will be sure to share when work has been completed.

-John

2 Likes

Hi John,

Not being able to comments on progress are you able to comnent on exactly what will mean to have a mytek certified/identified?

Having roon capable of natively output DSD would certainly be of great value

PS: if not please tell the guys at mytek that they should release macOS drivers (I have tried once…) :slight_smile:

2 Likes