Why is Mytek Brooklyn an Unidentified Audio Device in Roon

Well, let’s wait till the Brooklyn is certified.
Thanks

Nevertheless, it is not good to list devices in the database that are displayed as Unidentified Audio Device! I buy on the basis of the Roon website a device listed there as Roon Tested DACs!

The Mytek Brooklyn Dac without Plus is already on the market!
Let’s see if that’s going to happen …

So is the DAC+. Has been for a long time now.

Thought perhaps the Brooklyn and + might be added with this latest release, but it appears not to be the case. So, I’m still looking at a cartoon drawing of a speaker rather than a cartoon of a Brooklyn DAC.

Oh well, as long as I have the correct audio settings selected, this is no big deal.

Another gentleman just posted his new Manhattan II is unidentified as well, so we’re in good company.

:joy::joy::+1: Not everything where Roon is on it is synonymous Roon in it … Well, I use now RoPieee for the Brooklyn

I have asked the exact same question almost 6 months ago, Roon team is probably too busy with other things I could only imagine. Hopefully this simple request is not being ignored.

1 Like

@support, @Mytek_Official
I am a happy Roon customer but please read this thread. In earlier communications over promisses were made. In fact it was for myself one of the reasons to buy the DAC+. That the DAC+ is still an unidentified audio device doesn’t reflect earlier indications. Clear communications what the time table is in this would now be appreciated.And yes this a combined comms from Mytek together with Roon. It feels now as a Windows 10 customer waiting and waiting for A+ for Windows and than we all know what I mean:grinning::grin:

I have to say I am more than a little disappointed in the communication from Mytek. I have posted questions on the forum on their web site and those questions have never been answered. Seems like no one monitors the site. I see that you copied @Mytek_Official on this. I have never seen a response from them here either. They make a great product but their support is certainly lacking.

Hi John,

The proper channel for immediate technical support for Mytek products is opening a support ticket here:

https://mytekdigital.com/ost/open.php

This is monitored every day by a support engineer and I just tried to find a post from you but I did not find any unanswered threads with your name. Please point me to this and I’ll help you right away (you should have my email)

The forum on our own website is a new thing and still being built up, so not much action on it yet, I see you posted yesterday there asking if the forum was monitored. The answer is yes. I looked at it today, we get notifications of new posts.

As for the main question about Roon certification , all our products i.e. Manhattan with Roon Card, Brooklyn DAC+ and Liberty DAC are now being tested at Roon offices by their experts for compliance. BDAC+ and Liberty is USB and easy, Manhattan Network Card is about to have its firmware updated and completed, so the hope is it’ll be all officially certified within next few weeks and reflected as such in next Roon rev. For the time being they all work with Roon fine , including the Manhattan Network Card, it just doesn’t show the certification yet.

Best Regards, Michal at Mytek New York 347-3842687

3 Likes

Fantastic.

We have heard from Mehow, Mr. Mytek himself.
I remember placing a call to Mytek a couple of years ago to ask about overload / jumper issues and the phone was answered by none other than Michal Jurewicz.

So, with several new Mytek products being introduced, I can believe all their good people have a lot on their plates.

I’m still very much enjoying my original Brooklyn even though the roon icon is just a speaker box.

1 Like

But notice that he didn’t mention the Brooklyn–which is how this thread got started ? Only Brooklyn + --hopefully just an oversight

2 Likes

I see that the latest update has “Fixed missing Sonos device art”, wonder when the Roon team will look after the long overdue request of ours. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Good-bye Brooklyn Dac is too exhausting for me to wait, that will be something … Now I have an OPPO UDP 205 and it works !!!

Don’t get me wrong but…
Although i have a Brooklyn DAC+ and i would like to see it Roon certified, i don’t see why so many people are being so impatient about this…

My BDAC+ always worked fine with Roon…

Am I missing something else that certification would bring besides the logo representing the DAC on the lower right and maybe optimal settings by default?

I don’t see why people are exhauste of waiting, and/or changing dac over this… Am i missing something? :roll_eyes:

I agree jonnie, the only thing we Brooklyn owners are not getting is automatic default settings and a cartoon image, so no loss in functionality whatsoever.

The confounding thing is why the original Manhattan and the Stereo-192 are listed but the more popular Brooklyn’s remain MIA. It’s just kind of odd, but certainly no big deal.

1 Like

Does certification include making the USB HID volume control work from Roon Bridge? I have a Allo USBridge running dietpi and the HID volume control doesn’t work on the Brooklyn, FYI.

jonnie, there is this ‘‘little’’ issue with the conversion to DSD format by Roon. Currently it can’t be fully explored with Brooklyn - best you can get is 128DoP.

@ Andrej_Jerman, I don’t have any issues with DSD with my Brooklyn+. I have many SACDs that I ripped that play in native DSD 64, and I can also use the DSP engine to convert up to DSD 256 which also plays natively.

I agree with Heavy Metal.
The display of the Brooklyn is reporting DSD x256 as well.
Add to that this 9 minute DSD concerto is a whopping 1.45GB, whereas the MQA version of this piece is svelte 92.9MB.
For what it’s worth, the Brooklyn reports 24 bit 352.8K MQA when playing this much smaller file.

1 Like