Why is Roon broken so much since 1.6

I am a roon fan believe me. I love what it does integrating all my music and it has been a joy to use up until 1.6. I am just considering all of the people who are taking a trial of roon now . If they are having these issues they will not subscribe. This has to be a worry for all of us who want roon to continue to grow .

Problems always creep up in software products, this seems normal. I am pretty sure trial users, would also probably know that. What would really help tremendously is if Roon would officially take these issues serious immediatly, instead of going through a period of deflecting. Leaving users to battle things out, before acknowledging that a problem exists and it will be worked on.
Having problems is perfectly ok, if they are worked on.
So, if I were a trial user and would read this sort of feedback from Roon, it would build my trust to invest in the product.

1 Like

I agree with most things you say, however if I had this on trial right now I would not subscribe .
I am sure it is just a blip , but like you I have asked above if roon are working on these issues

1 Like

My albums this morning :joy:

Yes I have noticed this as well. Sometimes it takes up to 15 seconds to populate the artwork.

+1 For slow searches, sometimes up to 30 seconds.

Why is it not helpful? Is this thread only for those people that are having the issue? I was trying to point out that I NEVER have had these issues. As is always the case the people who donā€™t have issues donā€™t post about problems. I was just trying to say that there are people out here in Roonville that donā€™t have issues. Again, sorry that this offends some people.

1 Like

15 seconds?
I would be delighted with this :grinning: my album screen been like the photo above for over an hour now

We are just envious my friend :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Yes they are looking into it. I have have feedback on my support thread and given them enough info. This is why they started to ask users when they get slowness to try some default searches so they can get a baseline. But as I said earlier I donā€™t think the searching is the problem as the logs say itā€™s all received in millisecs. I suggested that maybe its more an issue with the remotes and support kind of agreed that this could be where the issue lies.

2 Likes

Yes the album art on the lap top is always there. It is the iPad which I use as a remote that has the issues .
I am relieved to hear that they are looking at this as I am sure they will solve it in time

1 Like

Yep it not isolated enough now. Be interesting to find out the root cause.

Wow, yes the album art is a very recent issue for me. Only started in the last week.

I have just deleted the roon app and reinstalled it again. Album art is is all there . Annoying but a quick fix for you guys maybe

I have a desktop, i7 7th gen, 3300 ghz 16g Ram, ssd for library etc. All data is internal HDD

Router is 20mbs, hardwired ,

Tidal only , no Qobuz

Core and router etc is rebooted daily

Still get slow searches occasionally and unpredictability

Hardly slow hardware ?

I wonder about ā€œrunning off to Tidal! Qobuz ā€œ ?

Just so the Roon team is aware of the breathe of the issue, I will jump in to note I am having the same issues noted. I recently converted to an i3 nuc with 8gb ram, 64gb internal ssd and 1tb hdd. Everything is hardwired Ethernet. I use both Qobuz and Tidal. Also of note, I have a small local music collection, I mainly use Roon for streaming.

Interestingly, just got my renewal notice today. I am sticking with Roon for the next year, but the current issues certainly factored into not going lifetime.

As Mike noted above, the best thing that users who are experiencing slow searching or other issues can do is to post their own Support thread describing their setup and the exact steps that can replicate the issue. Posting here is a start but it is not a substitute for a detailed Support thread with detailed information.

Support starts with diverse threads and can group them together when a common issue is identified. Search problems are undergoing active investigation and each report assists in narrowing down the issues.

Come onā€¦ this has been reported for weeks now
If this still needs replicating weā€™re in deep trouble

https://community.roonlabs.com/search?q=Slow%20search%20order%3Alatest

4 Likes

I started this thread for discussion on the issues to see how many others where having issues. I did create my own support ticket in support to actively feedback to support on the issue, I would ask everybody who has not done this and having this issue to do so, this is not a support thread. Yes some users have already logged them but the more there is the more the issue will get looked into and more data can be derived to work out the issues.

I have a similar frustration with Roon. Using Tidalā€™s desktop app searches are fast and give extensions results. On the Roon app it can take a while and often providing limited or no results. It is for simple searches as well as more obscure which shouldnā€™t matter as a search is a search regardless of itā€™s popularity. It is happening across the board for me on all devices, from Desktop to iPad to iPhone.

I love Roon and I recently paid the my yearly subscription. I have to say that there are definitely issues around Roon and Qobuz. Search can be very lengthy now and this is damaging the premium experience I had prior to the update and my move from Tidal to Qobuz. I have a well sorted internet. When I change to LMS and Qobuz, no delay. Iā€™m sure Roon are aware of this and it may relate more to the Qobuz end than the Roon and I am sure that they will be doing their utmost to correct the issues that are clearly evident. Look forward to the correction.