Why is this happening again? šŸ˜­

Hi @dylan, havenā€™t got the time yet, but hopefully tonight. thanks for the link!

For the record, MS Win10 can & does force some updates, that is, the user has no choice. My PCs have been completely ā€œmessed upā€ on more than one occasion by these Updates. I am now in the process of migrating to Apple devices where the end user has the final say about updates.

This is really due to Windows updates

I had the same problem last with updates in may
back then it was even worse because the new updated media pack was unavailable for several weeks!

what basically happens is: windows pushes a new build (N in your case) meaning you need to reinstall the media packā€¦

1 Like

This stuff is why I went to a ROCK on a NUC.

1 Like

Yes

thatā€™s why Iā€™m now running roon core on a qnap nas :wink:

1 Like

that really sucks! I canā€™t see the improvements with these tactics of updating.

and I installed Windows 10 LTSC tonight. I had enough of the headaches with consumer windows, but not interested in linux.
re setup process lasso, spend some time deleting and turning every unwanted thing off and everything is running again
:crossed_fingers:

Great choice. Iā€™ve been running it for years and happily living an update free life. It also has the benefit of not having unwanted extra options baked into the OS, like Windows Store or Corana, so it saves the hassle of having to uninstall, if even possible, all that extra noise.

Sounds much cleaner than a standard Windows Pro or Home system. :wink:

Yes itā€™s by far the most easy to manage but too bad product keys are only for corporations.

Havenā€™t had the chance to have a good listen, maybe tonight :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.