Why it's so important to be able to edit/write additional Bio's and Reviews

yes please! extra vote for this

i have several bio’s which are incorrect, because linked to the wrong artist with same name :frowning:

i also want to incorporate reviews of albums of other sources…

2 Likes

Hybrid of topic from another thread: if Roon ever goes out of business, the software would be much more useful from and after that point if the service-provided data could be replaced manually. So being able to edit these areas would be key.

4 Likes

Here are related items I would like to edit

ARTIST Bio - fixing is most interesting, adding is conceptually good but not a focus at the moment for me. I would like to add more internet LINKS. Some have Wikipedia which I really like. I would add more of these links plus links to some of the wonderful fan pages with exhaustive discographies and other items.

ALBUM review - I would like to add my comments about an album and could add reviews from other sources. I would like to put comments about best pressings/masterings.

VERSION - I would like to have a comment field beyond the one line VERSION (which I love) that is unique to that version (i.e. comments on the item). I use the comments tag which is visible with some clicks.

PICTURES - Love full booklet photos from Discogs. I add my pics today but if there was Discogs ID then perhaps those pics and additional version notes could be autopopulated. I love my Discogs inventory because I can see pics of the version and notes about that specific version.

7 Likes

After this “streaming” 1.6 patch, can we have a final statement about this? Just tell us, if so, why Roon will never ever let us edit these tags…

Or just tell us that Roon is strictly reserved for the english speaking community and we could never replace these AMG reviews with our own reviews in french, german, spanish, etc.

Thanks

4 Likes

I have a huge number of bootleg live concerts, especially Hendrix and Led Zeppelin. In Plex, i have extensive liner notes and concert reviews of these albums. If Plex – a free program – can do it, there is no excuse for Roon not to incorporate such a fundamental feature into its software, which is the most expensive media server on the market. Get with the program!

5 Likes

Hi Philip, I am cautiously optimistic that no news is good news in this regard and that Roon is beavering away at implementing now a range of long standing known bugs, halfbaked implementations and really wanted relatively easy implentations. There are several…

The editing of reviews and bios
The fix of the … bug when exporting (ie albums with … in their names don’t get exported)
For me, at least, the use of a weird filename for the embedded picture file which makes display of exported files on portable devices not possible for the most part

And so on…

I’ll create a main thread for this. Givem food for thought!

I have ranted about this before, but what the heck, will be fun to do it again:

I find it really annoying, when enjoying one of my favorite albums, that I find myself reading a negative “review” from some rando from All Music or wherever. Let us tweak!

3 Likes

I feel that with every “huge” update they keep adding stuff, but they don’t really address the issues we have all been asking for now for years, even though they claim it’s on the longer roadmap. Of course I love that you can now actually search and find the music you are looking for in Roon after 1.6, but please start focusing on your metadata providers! Discogs would be a great place to start.

7 Likes

Has there been any updates on the discogs implementation and been able to add your own album reviews as if these two things were implemented this would make me get a subscription, as it stands I can use Plex which allows me to add the metadata content I want. I really like roon and way it works, shame this has not been done yet as the option to edit album reviews within the software seems like something easy to do as well. Here’s hoping it’s not to far off.

3 Likes

We all live in hope :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Version 1.7 feature? Cmon Roon, don’t be so secretive. Throw the dogs a bone

Some relevant chat over on this thread -

3 Likes

I see album reviews for some albums (which I didn’t enter) and descriptive information about some composers. Not many albums or composers show anything at all. If it isn’t currently possible for me as a user to introduce such material, I’d like you to add the capability for me to do that. If this is currently possible, please advise how to do it.

The capability could be a copy and paste operation, or it could be entering a URL link to something like wikipedia or other site. If a link, a capability for multiple links would be appropriate.

2 Likes

Hello all,

I just started testing roon (14 days) and I am so far thrilled.
The design and handling is so much more pleasant than with my Synology Audio Station.
I am seriously thinking about getting the lifetime subscription.
But one thing is missing. I can’t find a way to display the artist and album information in German. Did I just miss something?
Nowadays I can have whole web pages translated automatically if necessary.
Of course, there is always a certain error rate, but I could live with that, if the content is available in other languages.

The topic seems to have been important for other users for quite some time.
Is this still on your agenda?

Greetings
Christoph

1 Like

@Christoph_Penno I think, you didn´t missed something. The information is in english. There is no way to translate the album reviews or copy&paste it for google translate/DeepL.

Ich vermisse auch die Möglichkeit wie du, die Album Texte oder gar Liedtexte schnell übersetzen zu lassen. Die Texte sind leider nicht markier- und kopierbar. Man müsste hier einen Feature Request stellen.

2 Likes

Den gibts schon seit 2017…

I agree, being able to type or paste bootleg information would be incredibly helpful. I don’t understand why entering text into the edit album would be difficult. Roon allows me to type or paste in my own title, so why not my own notes?

You can put the information into a PDF and store that in the album folder for your local files.

Or copy and paste into Word then “print to PDF”

It seems to me I tried to do this once before and did not have success. Perhaps I was doing it wrong. What is the procedure for importing a pdf into Roon?