Why not upgrade to Windows 10? [To be able to run Roon 2.0]

Build a NUC to run Roon 2.0.

1 Like

@Wolf_von_Langa You can run Linux on that system pretty easily. Ubuntu installers are very straight forward and documentation is prolific.

A lot fewer hacks, not null. But fewer. If you don’t like something the code is there, change it and compile to your want. I’ll add my vote to the Win 7 needs to be removed chant. It hasn’t had a single exploit/hole/bug fixed since Jan 14 2020.

Actually you could even try rock on it, BUT I would install it on a different ssd…rock will install wiping out everything on the disk you tell it to use.

2 Likes

Not difficult: go to Chris Titus Tech on YouTube - and/or search for Tron + Nico Knows Tech “Is Tron safe?”

On an old PC I reinstalled W10 and ran Tron: now it boots insanely fast!
Almost regret I sold it to my friend :smile:

https:// GitHub - bmrf/tron: Tron

" I got tired of running these utilities manually and decided to just script everything. Tron is a glorified collection of batch files that automate the process of cleaning up and disinfecting Windows. It is built with heavy reliance on community input, and updated regularly."

You mean Tron is an antivirus suite?

Nope - check out the videos I mentioned. It’s primarily Win debloat

Thanks. “Disinfect” and “debloat” are not quite interchangeable. Regarding bloating, since I’m not aware of any specific problems, I’m more comfortable with letting the OS do what it’s supposed to do.