Why so Difficult ...?

Why is searching for a radio station so difficult with Roon? I select Live Radio from the main left hand menu and enter (for example) Classic FM. This is a popular UK station but Roon offers dozens of mis-matches, but no sign of Classic FM under Live Radio. However if I look further down under Tracks, there it is! How crazy is that - it should be the first offering under Live Radio as this is the only station with an exact match to what’s in the Search box. It’s so easy with BluOS - Classic FM is top of the search results. Thanks for any tips. Peter

I believe Classic FM use a player not a stream URL.

Edit: http://media-ice.musicradio.com/ lists streams where available, but Classic FM isn’t listed.

I found these elsewhere:

This could be a bug. I’ve just done the same (searched for “Classic FM” when in the Live Radio page) - and indeed, there are no “Classic FM” stations in the results - despite the fact that there should be several “Classic FM” stations in various countries.

Odd - I’m sure that there was a Dutch Classic FM that I added a while back - now I see that there is just a Classic FM “Chill Out” sub-station…

Classic FM UK is there

Just added http://media-ice.musicradio.com/ClassicFMMP3 manually and it shows up in Roon (as a curated entry) so maybe there is an issue–I didn’t get a result return in the search either.

It’s not showing up for me…

That’s the only way I could find it–local stations, sorted by name … it’s not listed in a search.

It is difficult because view all from a search only returns 50 results.

Unfortunately too many stations have classic in their name or description, and Roon doesnt search for the string classic fm. Perhaps it should.

A better(?) way is to choose the classical category under the music category, and sort. The limit there is, I believe, 250.

Brian said - Unfortunately too many stations have classic in their name or description, and Roon doesnt search for the string classic fm. Perhaps it should.

Seems a very basic failure. If the string isn’t catered for when searching in Live Radio, imagine the problem if Roon didn’t search a string such as Katie Melua in Artists. It would show 1001 (sorry it’s limited to 50) results of miscellaneous Katies but probably no Katie Melua. Needs fixing now and should be easy as other searches DO cater for strings. Thanks