Wi-Fi tp-link t4u does not work

Hello, my Raspberry PI 3b+ is far enough away from the router, the Wi-Fi network is not working well. I read on the internet and found information about support for Ropieee Tp-link archer t4u then. I ordered it, today I have it. After installation, Its look like this.

the interface field is empty but the list of networks is available. After choosing a network, specifying a password and rebooting, the dongle does not receive an IP address.
how can this be corrected?

… sorry for my English

Are you running the latest version?

My version

No ideas? I really want a normal wifi for a raspberry, or at least tell me a dongle that will definitely work

I recently tried a T4U but couldn’t get it to work. I now use Vonets VAP11G-300, which works well & requires no drivers.

1 Like

In Logs

Hello Harry,

I’ve got an TPLink with the same chipset (I believe…). That one works fine, but is listed as blank. It took me a while before I figured this one out… It’s combined with a Raspberry Pi 4 and the HifiBerry AMP2. See identifier e58394c8387bcb89 which I send to you.

1 Like

Hi @spockfish ,
I have the same problem with Pi4.
T4u does not show up in wifi interface list.
And the Tp-link wdn3200 (Ralink) does show up (Yes) in interface list, but does not list in the Network list.
Finaly the built in Pi4 wifi does connect (Pings in network) , but it does not show up in “Roon” audio devices!
Any help is welcome.
Thanks
Antonio

Actualy I got to Connect the T4u. I Selected a “blank” line in the interface list, and selected my network and worked.

Antonio

Can you still send me feedback?

I want to know why it shows the empty line instead of a name.

Thanks

Hi @spockfish
Look the photo.
Thanks

Clear, but I meant sending me feedback (loggings) from RoPieee’s webinterface.
Hence I can figure out why this is happening.

You can find that option on the ‘advanced’ tab.

Thanks

Hi @spockfish ,
Just sent it

e788e5d439ac9783

Hi Harry @spockfish ,

I also have a problem with the T4U not being detected as it should. The name is in the list but when I select the Info button after scanning for networks the IP address and MAC-address are Unknown:

I’ve sent you feedback with ID 7264bb5f35dd553a.

@Joost_Hoogland

Those fields are only going to be populated after you commit the changes (and a follow up configure).
So to me this looks fine.

I did commit and rebooted. Fields contents remain the same.
I’m not at home at the moment. Will try later with a clean install and get back to you

@Joost_Hoogland dug up my own t4u and I think I’ve found the issue.
Something in the timing has changed which results in the device not properly being recognized.

I’ve pushed an update to the beta channel. Can you try that one?

Thanks

@spockfish Did a clean install and update to beta. No luck. Still not properly recognized:

[root@ropieee ~]# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2357:0115  
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

What do you mean with ‘not properly recognized’?

What happens if you commit the changes and run configure?