Wifi and Remote not working - Pi issue or set-up?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS 11.2.3 / Roon 1.8 (build 783)

Ropiee 3.088 running on RPi 4B

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TalkTalk Router on Wifi (2.4 and 5Ghz bands available)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M

Description Of Issue

Done several set-ups of Ropieee but on each occasion:

• once set up (including wifi where Ropieee happily identifies the network SSID) and moved to be attached to hifi the device doesn’t attach to wifi and doesn’t show up on the router
  • on the GUI Network page (attached via ethernet as wifi not working) the wireless option is there but if you click on it the only thing that appears is the Enable Wifi toggle
  • OSMC is recognised on Ropieee but the remote does nothing and no extension comes up in Roon app to use it

Endpoint shows up on Roon (but only when the RPi is tethered to an external wifi point via ethernet) and works fine that way. Volume is controllable via DSP on the Roon app.

Feedback left 360e69267e7b4dfd

Any thoughts as to where I’ve gone wrong?

No help here but once you get it going I would love to know if you can get Class 2 USB via RPi and Ropieee. There was a question of Linux compatibility with other CA DACs a while back

@spockfish will be interested too.

Hike @Mike_O_Neill

From what I can see the DacMagic 200M is Class 2 only according to the manual.

So far no issues - so long as the DacMagic is powered on it appears quite happily in Roon and stays there. It is picking up everything I’ve thrown at it in terms of sample-rate streams (including Tidal Masters) quite happily and making seamless changes from track to track in terms of rate changes. It has been on for most of the day today with no issues.

The Dac itself is a rather different design than prior CAs in terms of the main chipset and the removal of oversampling - but with up to 768KHz / DSD 512 I guess they don’t feel that’s needed.

As I say, my challenges are upstream from the DAC at present!

Sounds good , I was thinking of trying one , my first DAC was the DACMagic 100 years ago