Wikipedia browsing - Roon - Solved

Doesnt work properly, I see one ot the other not both as described in the release notes. On iOs doesnt work at all other than change 3 lines under the TiVo review which just stays all the time.

I’ve rebooted the core which is the Synology NAS install, no change…

Works for me (Windows remote):

Note that only those are listed where an article/review/bio actually exists

By the way, I think general feedback should go here:

Lol I was looking in the wrong place in windows.

1 Like

Looks like they forgot to switch something on as its now working on iOS. Perhaps thats why I didnt see this before on Windows. No album reviews are still broken.

I see this for Adele on my Mac
Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 23.12.34

Says I should see this and I don’t.

Im not directly referring to the content, I’m highlighting the the option is not present in - Settings > General > Editorial sources

Yes, this is what I meant in my first reply here, before getting distracted by @CrystalGipsy :wink: I also updated the Core and the Remote and both were 1159. However, the options were nowhere to be seen. Then I was told to reboot both again, and then it worked. But I don’t know if Roonlabs flipped some switches or if the second reboot alone was enough to fix it (though I wouldn’t know how). Hence why I suggested to first try the reboot, if it does not help then you will probably need Roon staff, I guess.

Plus the release notes do not indicate to restart the core, you would hope they would know if that’s a requirement…

I have a ROCK and updating it means that it restarts anyway. Hence why I am puzzled how a second restart would help, but worth trying.

Well it showed up eventually for me without rebooting but on albums on iOS it’s not working.

The settings (General/Editoriall) have “domino” buttons that permit the user to change the order of the source.

Mine was originally set to Wikipedia being first. I took this to mean it would the preferred source. But, in my brief testing, this didn’t work as I thought it would. TIVO was always shown first, but with a Wikipedia button available to switch content. Changing the content order in Settings didn’t have any effect.

Content feedback: Generally, I love the Wikipedia source. A bit dense, but much more in-depth than TIVO. And, it comes with pics! What’s not to like.

So, explain or fix the preference window (I know it’s early), and chalk it up to another great addition.

What is your issue? According to the thread title, you have issues with Wikipedia browsing?

grafik

You wouldn’t see that if you haven’t seen and used the “Editorial sources” option on at least one of your remotes AFAIK.

None of this has anything to do with the “Editorial sources” option and/or Wikipedia. Do you want to report an issue instead with missing “Streaming content preferences” options?

When I get a new core version, I always go to Roon - Settings and check all the settings. Sometimes something will need to be reset or there will be something new that needs setting.

I was having similar problems

The following 2 posts show what I did which seemed to sort the issue.

.sjb

Using my stellar troubleshooting techniques, I diddled with the move buttons and on/off switches, then it started working. :slight_smile:

And so today we’re excited to begin testing our integration of Wikipedia in Early Access. Whether you run Roon in English or localized into your native language, Roon will now be featuring artist biographies, album reviews, and composition descriptions from Wikipedia when available.

In many cases, Wikipedia’s content includes even more detailed information than was previously available, with photographs and details about the artist’s life, the recording of the album, or the background of the composition.

Note that our long-standing TiVO editorial content is still available when you expand the article from the set of links on the right.

You can also customize your sources by visiting Settings > General > Editorial sources, and choosing not only which sources and languages you want, but also the order in which Roon will prefer them. For example, an artist that’s famous in France but relatively unknown in the United States might not have a biography in any of our English sources, but you may get a detailed write-up if you turn on “Wikipédia en français”.

As stated above in bold………

As I wrote, you already were able to enable Wikipedia as source obviously.

grafik

So how were you able to do that if you don’t have/see the option to do it? Do you miss the option only on a specific remote but not on all?

Sounds like the issue here, changing the order once helped:

Edit: As John already wrote

Mines resolved now, IOS versions updated again but indicated core needed updating which was a bit strange as the core indicated the correct build.