Will a Roon Nucleus solve my issue

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi at the moment my Roon Core is running off my iMac i7 2014. The computer can only be connected through wifi. I find Roon works fine about 50% of the time but 50% of the time it disconnects from my phone or can’t find my source and I need to wake the computer up for it to connect to my phone and source again.
If I buy a Nucleus and connect it via Ethernet directly into my BT Hub will that resolve all my issues?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Connecting core and endpoints using Ethernet is recommended, and often solves playback problems.

Connecting the iMac directly to your hubs is as likely to solve the issue as buying a Nucleas. However, I understand that this isn’t always practical.

3 Likes

Hey @James_Hart1,

I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you were still running into connectivity issues? Martin is correct in that hardwiring your core to your router via ethernet will likely solve the issue. That said, having a dedicated core such as a Nucleus really does improve the entire listening experience!

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :pray:

1 Like

Hi Ben. I plugged my Core into my router via Ethernet and I’ve had no issues since. This can only be a short term fix though. I now need to get Ethernet net cables run into my rooms upstairs or purchase a Nucleus.
Thanks for asking.
James

1 Like

Nucleus, NUC, or Mac Mini

I would probably save up for a Nucleus.

1 Like

Hello,

the core should be firmly connected to the router. The rest of the connection can be solved.

Here is an interesting link to an alternative, I had decided on a PrimeMini as the core at the time. In the meantime I have exchanged it for an Antipodes S40.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.