Will Devialet be Roon RAAT Certified? [done]

This seems to be getting lost in the noise of the slow loading problem.

Not the same thing.

Worth start a new thread?

Abandoned the RoonReady Devialet and reverted back to using the Allo digiOne.

More stable, Tidal doesn’t flash up network errors all the time, and group sync delay works. Plus I don’t get a playback delay on the kitchen zone waiting for the Devialet to power on.

RoonUnReady I’d say…

For me the RoonReady thing works flawlessly. Actually I didn’t expect any change compared to the Air implementation, but this RAAT thing seems way more responsive. Really happy with it.

Here is the response to my push end of March:
Thank you for reaching out to us. My name is Mao from Devialet Customer Care. I apologise for the delay in getting back to you.

In regards to your first inquiry, it is indeed that the Phantoms are not compatible with Roon yet, however, you can still play files via Air-play. You will need to enable the AirPlay mode on Spark. Then enable the access to Airplay devices in the Roon Audio settings and you will be able to control the volume on Spark.

However, we do not have any updates/confirmed dates for Roon to be compatible with our Phantoms at this stage, therefore we are not able to provide you with further information.

Did anyone else get a user survey for Phantom owners from Devialet asking about how You might prioritize things on a development roadmap. Roon RAAT was one of the options listed. I’m not sure how many others got the survey (I assume anyone who registered their product should get it), but hopefully we all put RAAT at the top of the list and then mentioned it explicitly in every optional text box. I know I did.

Phantoms via Roon Airplay works, but sound quality not as good as Spark, Upnp.

Am a new owner. When was survey sent?

four phantom units in my account—haven’t received a single survey email :smile:

I also confirm no survey in my account of registered speakers and dialog@vaguedetails. @snoopy8, the reason the thread suggests pushing devialet on RAAT protocol is just that. the Spark app and using UPNP to play high-resolution files is not near as convenient or the experience of using Roon. When you use Roon right now without RAAT, you are limited to using Airplay in -between the two and Airplay is limited to CD quality resolution. it is because the high resolution files sound better (at least in my hearing, I heard 96k sound better, I could not hear a substantive change on my phantoms after that), that we all want RAAT in the phantoms so we can use Roon like we use it with Meridian or RAAT gear (ie bluesound) and are not limited to CD quality resolution. I received a follow up to my question which asked if I had anything further. I’ll ask if I get the survey.

Given that the Experts received RAAT not long ago, I am hoping that the Phantoms are not that far away. But then, it took a long, long time for the Experts to get there. … :confused:

I find Roon via Airplay to Phantoms is not as good the same music via Upnp. Even 16/44.1 is not as good with Roon Airplay, wth a diminished sound stage compared with Upnp.

I got the email on February 27th. Looked like this:

I just tried to click the link again to share some of the questions and it says:

This survey is now closed. We are now processing feedbacks and working on the next steps.

I guess I was part of a random sample. Seems odd they wouldn’t try to gather user voice from the broadest group possible, especially given that I would bet many users wouldn’t bother filling out the survey.

Here is the response to my request to be part of the survey: Thank you for your message. I have well received and understand your request.

I am afraid that we are not able to access to the list of our members who will receive the survey, therefore I am not able to let you know whether you will receive the survey or not. However I have escalated your request to our development team, and we appreciate your feedback on Phantom compatibility via Roon and your continued support on us.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please kindly let me know.

“Devialet: we are all ears”

I literally laughed out loud when I saw that!
Was it sent 1st April by any chance?

2 Likes

Dang. Just found the survey in my email, I had missed it during a hectic work period.

I would have very happily supported the request for Roon/RAAT support in Phantom/Dialog, let’s hope a significant enough proportion of people who actually responded requested that.

1 Like

Hi, can anyone provide an update for the devialet phantom reactor? If it supports RAAT then I’m buying one :slight_smile:

Hi Paul, that would be a question for the Devialet team. Currently, I do not think the Phantom Reactor supports RAAT.

1 Like

No, unfortunately the Phantom Reactor does not. Devialet promised, maybe only estimated to deliver by end of the year.

1 Like

Any news on this? I’m thinking about getting a pair of PR 900s and I’m hoping Devialet has decided to make them roon ready

The best way to avoid disappointment is to buy a component for what it does now and not get hung up on what it might do in the future. Too many people got burned buying into possibilities.

5 Likes

Agree with @Pim here. I bought a Devialet back in 2012 based on promises made by people in the Devialet leadership. The Devialet amp is still fabulous, but the main feature I was promised (convolution) is still missing and will probably never turn up. RAAT is different of course as Devialet has said it’s on their roadmap, but buying a Devialet today based on future features can lead to unexpected waiting for things that may turn out to be just promises.

1 Like