Will Devialet be Roon RAAT Certified? [done]

Thanks for the hint! As Phantom owner since March 2015 I’m on this for some years, too. RAAT for Phantoms seems to me rather simple knowing that the Dialog already runs on a arm linux type operating system and my RPi’s 2 and 3 are running RAAT for years now. So, a Dialog RAAT could be an easy first step, Phantoms RAAT a next iteration when it will be clear that the RAAT protocol is able to deliver sync between left and right channels in precision of 20us to preserve stable stereo image in audible range. @danny Is RAAT specified for this performance? So far I have only seen RAAT implemened as stereo stream.

Its rumoured Dutch & Dutch are becoming RoonReady as individual speakers. Not sure on the tech behind it yet, AVB was mentioned in one forum.

Good to hear that other brands have the same need. Hoping to see this succeed. Currently, the much hated Devialet Spark software with the ‘not really admired’ Dialog streamer performs much better on streaming Qobuz, Deezer, and offers generic digital inputs and airplay, Spotify connect, DLNA and more than Roon v1.6, that needs patience and charma. But the UX sucks. Indeed, in Spark files are streamed without hickups within a fraction of a second, solid, well buffered, gap-free. I think it is a challenge for Roon to take over, but in the end I’m a strong believer that it must ne possible to union performance and user friendliness.

A big thank you to the Roon developers. Works a treat instantly.

Chiming in with some very positive feedback. Great outcome from both the Devialet and Roon teams.

Devialet RAAT works flawlessly in my 140 Pro without any glitches so far, even upscaling to DSD64 while connecting via Wifi in a Google WiFi mesh.

And I swear it sounds better too. Feels more engaging to me right now, and I don’t care if that’s not a scientific observation at all. Loads of fun and great sound, so thanks again.

Danny,
We’re listening to this new release…truly a great musical improvement. The rewards of ROON membership just continue…thanks.

2 Likes

I suppose they could just support RAAT in Phantom directly as both Expert line and Phantoms are now running the same (D)OS. At least that’s how I understood it. So I suppose Spark should start working with the Expert line as well soon(?).

My understanding from an email they sent to customers in the fall, is that both the Expert App and the Spark App will be replaced by the new Devialet App currently being used with the new smaller Phantom (Reactor), and all the hardware will run their new operating system. I’m hoping that lines like:

"Our ultimate aim is to harmonize the user experience across all our product lines. "

And that they are adding additional streaming protocols, which will join “Airplay, Spotify Connect and UPnP”

means RAAT is coming to all their products.

Hopefully that’s not just wishful thinking.

Oh yeah, it wasn’t the spark that was gonna be common. I stand corrected.

1 Like

Well, I stand corrected, and incredibly disappointed. Phantom owners obviously need to make some noise to Devialet:

I don’t think the phantoms are technically capable of being Roon ready. It’s a bit like the KEF LS50W’s.

They could of course come out with a Roon Ready Dialog.

There are multiple revisions of the Phantoms. While I can’t speak to all of them, the Golds are more than powerful enough. In fact, they are more powerful than many Roon Ready devices out there.

Agreed, this should be a no-brainer.

1 Like

Well, I stand corrected by the Master. :grinning:

Would it be possible for you guys to do a similar thing to what you did with the Expert AIR implementation where you come up with a Roon ‘Dialog’ over WIFI?

It will be interesting to see how the Dialog will fit into the future. I think I can safely say that the plan is for Spark to be replaced by the new Devialet App. The talk around the Reactor is that it will support stereo playback without the need for a Dialog. Will the larger phantom have the same capability? Will the Dialog be a useless brick once the migration to the Devialet App is complete, or will they perpetuate Dialog as a way to increase the stability of the network connection.

Making it Roon Ready would be awesome.

1 Like

Following up again on the “audio file is loading slowly issue.” With my upgraded 140 Pro, it seems to be getting a bit worse. I just had a case where almost nothing from Qobuz was playing on first attempt. Even a local album in FLAC 44.1 kHz format had to be started 3 times before it was playing without error message.

Maybe unrelated, but also in audio setup the Devialet still shows as uncertified and it has a generic symbol in the “now playing” bar. @support

They were just listed as Roon Ready on the Roon website. Hopefully the firmware will update tonight.

1 Like

When I skip a track in Tidal or Qobuz the first seconds are missing! I use a Devialet 250 Pro Core Infinity with LAN. Are there any other users who have this issue?

I noticed something like this on a few tracks yesterday, probably before I set a 50ms delay to allow for format changes. Will check again this weekend.

If you had searched a bit instead of starting a new thread you might have found this.

Which contains posts from people with similair missing of a few seconds of sound.

Please lets get all of us trying to get this fixed…