Will not be renewing [Resolved]

Roon has been absolutely awful for the last 3 months. Failure to conect to server, having to reset the location for music, dropping connection, having to select new core even though when you do your core appears.
Been a subscriber since early days, no more.

Have you reached out to @support lately? It’d be a shame to leave over something that turns out to be fixable.

1 Like

Anything we can do to help? Ill be more than glad to help out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

no I’m done with roon, It’s not even connecting to my end point now, it just trys to play throught the server. There is no option to send it to the allo digi one end point even though 12 weeks ago it did.

So, if you do not want assistance and already are done, what is the point of creating this thread? You do not have to announce your non renewal, you know.

AJ

and every 2 minutes it loses connection so i have to select a core which takes 10 minutes

Okay.

But if you need help it’s here. Your symptoms aren’t that uncommon and could indicate a problem with your network.

Regarding the DigiOne, can you access the web interface? That’s a good place to start.

1 Like

This… Its your setup endpoint or server on wifi? Can you post more specs on your server?
The more details you give us the better and easier it is to help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @phil_hebden — Thank you for the post and sharing your feedback with us. Clearly you have had a rough go at it and I am sorry to hear of the frustrations.

Obviously if your mind is made up and you’ve come to the conclusion that Roon is not best suited for you there is not much more myself or the rest of the support team can offer in the way of help. But if you are willing to work with us and investigate the possible causes of these issues I am certain we can get you to a point where you will be happy again.

Remember we have thousands of users running various setups and configurations so we know these things work, we just need to determine why your experience has been different from others.

If you would like to work through these issues you are experiencing the best starting place is to get some details about your setup as other in this thread have already started to inquire about (thanks everyone :sunglasses::+1:). With this in mind may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following information:

• Please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please describe your network configuration/topology being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing. I want to have a clear understanding as to how your devices are communicating and all the tools involved with making those connection possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
-Eric

1 Like

Man if you want to go then go but I will wager your problems are most likely a case of PEBKAC. If you want help yo resolve your issues then roon support and the community will help you.

1 Like

Do you happen to use an ipad or other apple device to control Roon and use a VPN on it? The symptoms you describe are very similar to those that annoyed the hell out of me for weeks!

I use an ipad to control Roon. I also use this Ipad for work and connect to various things using a VPN. Even though the VPN was off (ie no vpn icon in top-left) and I could successfully connect to home wifi and network, Roon constantly got stuck in a loop, unable to detect the server. Drove me nuts until I realised that if I restarted the ipad then it connected fine.

I sympathise but it does sound like a local issue. I have had my moments with Roon for a variety of things but connectivity is not one of them

I have connection by direct Ethernet cable.

Are you wireless ?, wireless gave me untold issues even before Roon , I bit the bullet and installed a cable

Take the advise the forum gives but I’d persevere a bit if it were me … I have

Good Luck

Mike

1 Like

Roon Server is now a windows 7 laptop wired to my router(was a totally passive PC but that is out of action for a while), music is stored on a WD NAS that is wired to the router, the remote is an iphone se.
I have no trouble with any other networked software, my SE is also remote for everything in my house via Harmony Hub

Have you tried disabling the Windows 7 Firewall? Others have reported issues with Windows 7:

1 Like

I’ve had issues with certain functions I wish were more robust, but I have never had a reliability problem with Roon for basic functionality. I don’t believe the software is unstable like that. So if you like how Roon works, I would encourage you to troubleshoot this as it doesn’t sound like a system-wide problem.

I suppose this is a root cause.

Hi @phil_hebden ---- Thank you for follow up and providing some details of your setup. Appreciated!

I agree with the suggestion made in @Martin_Webster’s most recent post. Confirming that the Win7 firewall is not causing the issue is good place to start. To add to this, if you happen to making use of any antivirus applications on the laptop I would disable those functions as well during your testing.

-Eric

I’m going to have to apologise to the ROON lads. Really sorry, I’ve been having some bad times at home so wasn’t really able to test before I went off on my rant. seems my router had been playing up with out me realising, so a restart of that and my NAS and repointing ROON to my folders and everything is hunky dory.
Will be renewing without a doubt. Sorry lads.

4 Likes

As an early adopter I really didn’t want to drop ROON and so pleased now I don’t have to

1 Like

@phil_hebden — We understand how frustrating these types of things can be and I am pleased to hear things are now working as expected. If you run into any more troubles please just reach out and we will do our best to help in any capacity possible.

All the best, and happy listening!
-Eric