Will Roon Server stop a computer sleeping?

I’ve recently migrated Roon Server from an always-on NUC to an iMac in my listening room. I don’t need the computer to stay awake when I’m not listening to it. Will Roon Server (or plain Roon) prevent the computer from sleeping?

Thanks

In mi opinion that was a bad move… At any rate… I wouldn’t put it to sleep, Specially the core. This could potentially cause issues… This is true to anything that holds information in memory and even worst when a database is involve…

Server type applications should be treated as such…
Leave Sleep/Hibernate to the desktops/clients…

You can happily sleep the display but other than that the Mac should be awake all the time. The display is probably the most power hungry anyway once roon as finished all its audio analysis.

1 Like

Thanks for the unsolicited advice guys. Still hoping to get an answer to my question, will Roon Server prevent a computer idling to sleep?

Best way to find out is to try it. I’ve got my Mac Mini never to sleep - I had probably read somewhere that this was what I should do.

1 Like

If roon keeps your HDD spinning or accessing your SSD, Than Yes. If it does not. No.
This will depend on what roon decides to do in the background…

On my Linux Server roon does not idle… Its pretty busy all the time…

Your welcome, This is what public forums are for :wink: