Will Roon support Yamaha MusicCast?

You are barking up the wrong tree. Talk to Yamaha. Roon is not responsible for Yamaha. Only Yamaha can choose to implement Roon, not the other way around.

AJ

Sureā€¦No Kidding!
I think YOU are the wrong way acting: I should talk to a global cooperation like Yamaha, for that they do implement roon after they had implemented deezer, spotifiy, napster and tidal? Do you think Yamaha needs roon to sell only one amp more? I do not think so.
And after I convinced Yamaha to implement roon, I pay you 500 $ to use your software?

BTW: I contacted Yamaha a few times. When talking to them and asking them when oder whether they implement roon, I got only a shrug of the shoulders.

1 Like

And there is your answer. Yamaha seems to have little interest in adding Roon capability to its products.

AJ

Sure, they do not have. It costs money and menpower for nothing.

But it is your interest to convince Yamaha, not mine!

@Thomas_Frensch you should note that AJ or indeed myself do not speak for or on behalf of Roon.
What is offered is just an opinion from another Roon user.

My advice to any Roon user is to evaluate it and subscribe to Roon for what it does today, not for what it may do in the futureā€¦ this way expectations and disappointments are managed.

2 Likes

Another way to make MusicCast (NX-N500) Roonend point is to buy Nucleus and connect it via USB to NX-N500. Obviously,the downside is nucleus have be in a close proximity. Also wired and not wireless

2 Likes

GOOD IDEA, I got a ROCK machine and planning to do it this way

https://ropieee.org/ would be a lot cheaper than Nucleus, itā€™s free, all you need is a Raspberry Pi to load it on to, (if you donā€™t already have one) the RPiā€™s can be tricky to findā€¦https://rpilocator.com/

this would be awesome! I have a Yamaha and it is connected to my really awesome totem speakers! this would be nice that it could connect to music cast! but I do have tidal as an input. Better than nothing and Roon does airplay to Yamaha, better than nothing.

can we buy the blue sound streamer and make it work thru the Yamaha amp?

Yes, the Bluesound Node streamer is Roon Ready.

Use wifi or wired Ethernet for Roon Ready and output to your Yamaha amp via analog L and R, using the Bluesound dac (which is great) or digital out from the Node to the Yamaha to use its dac.

thank you and went to the website, itā€™s seem like itā€™s hi Rez music thru the Node. which way is better music from Roon Core to my speakers thru the Yamaha? Yamaha has EES 9028, I believe

1 Like

buying the Node might be the best way to get hi Rez to my speakers. using airplay now thru Roon Core to Yamaha and it is only 16/44.1. want the sound quality from MQA or hi Rez.

A friend has the Node into a Simaudio amp (no dac) and it sounds great.

or you could buy the bluesound node to be attached to your Yamaha. that is what I am going to do instead of air playing the music from core to Yamaha amp

Breaking News from 31.01.2024

Yamaha reveive Roon Tested Certification

Roon Tested

Keep in mind that does NOT mean Roon Ready. Roon Ready is what you need for full network RAAT support. I am guessing that tested just means that Airplay and maybe Chromecast works with Roon.

Hi,
right now is only Roon Tested but AirPlay works great since 2019 or 2020 for my R-N803D via AirPlay. But itā€™s strange that Yamaha right now add article about thisā€¦Isnā€™t it? Maybe it will be changed in the future and product of Yamaha will Roon Ready or Music Cast will be next ecosystem who roon will be open? Or maybe Roon will support DLNA. I donā€™t know right know I will be waiting for next information from Yamaha. Maybe I will ask question to USA or Japan support. Cross Your finger :slight_smile:

Going by past comments from the designers and developers of Roon, I strongly suspect that this will never happen. :slightly_smiling_face:

Letā€™s hope that the ā€œRoon Testedā€ status of the latest Yamaha receivers implies that Yamaha is more interested in Roon from now on (and Roon more interested in Yamaha), and that this is the first step.

2 Likes