Win 10 app freezing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
I can’t even tell you what version as the app freezes on startup.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I’ve removed the old profile, reinstalled from the latest download and I am still crashing on the first screen with the app becoming unresponsive.

I’ve changed nothing, this is day two trying to get it back up, running out of patience.

What graphics card do you have, there is a problem with some cards that is being investigated by roon.

Hi,

Try to install a newer graphics driver, it worked for me! I have an Intel HD graphics card (built in CPU) and the old driver didn’t work and with build 521 it just freezes with “not responding”. I updated the Intel graphics driver to the latest and now it works just fine.

Apparently they have done some major changes how to display graphics that might not be compatible with older hardware or graphics drivers.

Regards

/G

Hi @Lars_Hansen1,

What GPU does your device use? Any change if you update the drivers?

My Windows 10 Tablet has the Intel Atom Z3775 CPU with built in Intel HD graphics and by installing a newer driver for the graphic card resolved the hanging issue of the Roon remote control.

I guess it can be similar behavior with other graphic cards if using old graphic drivers!

Best regards

/G

Thank you to all who helped with this issue. I had the Intel HD graphics device in my dell pc. As suggested, I loaded the latest driver and voila, roon is now talking to me again.

Despite having worked in IT for longer than I would care to tell, this would have been the last thing I would have looked at.

I would be interested to find out why the graphics driver became the issue?

Best

LARS

Hi @Lars_Hansen1,

Our UI uses Open GL which relies on the GPU of the machine to function. Particularly for older GPUs, as we make improvements to the UI which utilizes more Open GL features, it is important that the drivers are kept up to date in order to ensure compatibility.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon hang on Windows 10

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.