Win 10 - Roon won't launch

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win10 build 18362.239 - Roon downloaded today

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet via Netgear switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

laptop connected via USB3 hub/dock

Description Of Issue

Roon won’t launch. Or, rather, it launches; I see the musician quote on the gray background, then a window gets drawn, then everything vanishes and Task Manager shows no Roon process running.

As a question / aside - in the form I’m using to type this, there’s a field for tags, and when I type ‘windows’ and ‘win10’, it doesn’t find a match, which seems peculiar.

Hi @Ian_Murphy,

Can you verify what kind of GPU the Windows machine is using? If you try using the 32bit version of Roon does that work for you?

Nvidia GeForce 940MX, driver 431.60.

32-bit version closes immediately as well.

I was a Mac user for years, so I forget to even think in terms of the GPU driver. Nvidia’s app tells me I have the current drivers.

Is Windows Firewall set to allow Roon?

Hi @Ian_Murphy — Thanks for confirming this.

As Mike mentioned above, try disabling any antivirus or firewall active on the Core machine and see if that yields any changes here.

Can you also confirm what update number of Windows your machine is running?

Dag nabbit!

This isn’t the first time that I’ve posted a question here after living with a problem for several days, and then poof it seemingly takes care of itself.

After a bunch of uninstalls and reboots, I’m back in business and can’t figure out why. Took me a couple of days to post this because I wanted to see if the problem would reappear but everything’s cool and froody.

1 Like

Glad to hear that things are working for you, @Ian_Murphy. If you do see this return please let us know and we will be happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.