Win10 and Android remotes randomly disconnecting from Roon core

@eric
Sad to tell you that with the new version (v. 159) the sudden disconnection issue is back. Not as often and annoying as it was before, but there it is suddenly Roon Core is lost. Lost for the Windows controller, and lost for the Android controller.
Pitty, v,158 was rock steady (oh yes, I tried reinstalling, not a workaround this time).
Regards,
Eduardo

Thank you for the follow up and update @Eduardo_Cabral, the additional insight is appreciated!

Before we dive into addressing this issue you have observed after taking the most recent Roon update I want to be certain that I am understanding the “failure” here to avoid any confusion and make sure you get the help you need.

Previously you mentioned that you wee unable to access ROCK’s WebUI when the issues occurred which let me to believe that ROCK may be crashing. You went ahead and reinstalled ROCK (is this correct?) which fixed the issue for a certain period of time.

You are now saying that the “disconnection issue is back”. Are your remotes just unable to connect to the core OR is the core itself also in a bad state?

-Eric

Eric,
Yes, at the time I reinstalled ROCK (v. 158) and that solved the issue.
Now, by saying the “disconnection issue is back” I mean the first of the two options you presented “remotes are just unable to connect to the core”.

Situation would be like this: I am listening to music from a file in my external SSD, and suddenly I decide to change the song then, this happens: Windows comes back from screen saver, remote cannot find the Core, after a while of “searching your core” it proposes to choose another Core, after that option is accepted it may show the ready green circle immediately or keep switching from “searching” to “connecting” and getting nowhere. Sometimes closing the app helps, some other times not, and I have to try from another controller, after other controller “finds” the Core, usually the Windows controller finds it too.

Same happens with the Android App, it´s a “mirror image” situation, so to speak.

Regards
Eduardo

Hi @Eduardo_Cabral,

Thank you for the details above. Just to make sure I’m completely understanding here, it sounds like things are a little different this time around. The Windows and Android remotes are unable to connect to the Core, but you can connect to the Web UI while the remotes are in this state, correct?

Can you confirm that all of your devices (Core, Android app, and Windows app) are on the latest version of Roon? You can find this by going to Settings > About.

Hi @dylan

it sounds like things are a little different this time around. The Windows and Android remotes are unable to connect to the Core
Not quite, that´s how the issue started, in the first place.

But you can connect to the Web UI while the remotes are in this state, correct?
Haven’t had the opportunity to check that, I´ll came back to you on this point

Can you confirm that all of your devices (Core, Android app, and Windows app) are on the latest version of Roon?
Yes, I can confirm they are.

Thank you
E.C.

Hi @Eduardo_Cabral,

Thanks for clarifying here. Definitely let me know whether or not this is the case as this will be a great data point in understanding what is happening.