Windows 10 connection issue between core and bridge

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Core on my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit PC
Roon Bridge on my Windows 7 Pro 32-bit laptop (near the audio rack).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I have been using Roon without any problems, after installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop Roon cannot ‘see’ the Bridge anymore.

It showed once in the Audio Settings but I couldn’t activate the Bridge and when opening the settings again the Bridge wasn’t there at all.

Denis L.

Hi @d.l_whitton,
It sounds like a Windows firewall issue, following the update.
I’d suggest checking that the firewall setting to make sure that Roon and RAAT are allowed.
It may also be prudent to uninstall and reinstall Roon Bridge.

1 Like

Hi @d.l_whitton,

It appears that a firewall may be blocking proper communication through Roon. Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe, and RoonBridge.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall for both the Core and the Bridge.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path. I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have or temporarily try turning off the firewall to ascertain if the issue is coming from there.

Thank you so much for your swift reply. It seems the Firewall was indeed one of the problems. To be continued!
Denis

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.