Windows 10 Crashing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU, 12 gb, 64 bit, latest Roon build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Actiontec WCB3000N via ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Microrendu>Schiit Gumby

Description Of Issue

I was looking up an album through search and Roon crashed. Now I cannot get it to start up again. Rebooted computer but it didn’t help. I do backup to Dropbox if that helps with recovery. Thanks for the help.

Cass

Also, strangely, the Roon Shortcut seems to now have the wrong path. I changed it but it reverted back somehow.

snip_20191111210528

Should be:

I’m having a similar problem, and I also noticed a strange path to a directory that doesn’t exist on the shortcut.

Hi @cass_fisher,

Can you try opening Roon once more and, right after the crash occurs, use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Thanks!

@dylan , did you get the log that I sent? Any ideas? I see that it is saying files are not the right format or something but those aren’t new files and Roon never had a problem loading them. I appreciate the help.

Cass

Also, based on a post below, perhaps I should mention that my music is on an SSD that I designated B drive. It has never been a problem.

Hi @cass_fisher,

I looked at the logs you sent over with the team. We see some errors, but we are hoping to get some clarification about the specifics of the errors during our meeting with the senior development team tomorrow. I’ll be sure to reach out as soon as we’ve received their feedback on this. Apologies for the trouble, and we appreciate your patience here.

Hi @cass_fisher,

I met with the team to discuss further. In the logs that you’ve shared, there are several Grateful Dead files that appear to be corrupt and causing Roon to run into some issues.

Below is one example — Would you mind sharing this file with us so we can take a closer look?

B:\Grateful Dead\Dick's Picks, Vol. 10; Winterland Arena, December 29, 1977\03 Grateful Dead - Estimated Prophet.flac

You can send this via a shared Dropbox link in a Private Message.

Dylan, I am really desperate to try and fix my crash. Losing all my tags and other data is catastrophic for me (exaggeration but you know what I mean). Is there something we can do to put my database back together? Thanks,

Cass

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.