Windows 10 driver. Event mode problems

I have an issue with the roon player in combination with the windows 10 native uac2 driver. When event mode is activated it only plays the first 4-5 seconds of a song and then reports "Roon: An audio file is loading slowly. This may indicate a performance or hardware problem. I can see other has reported the same issue, is there any fix for this except turning event mode off? I am a little confused why event mode is default when it does not support all devices/drivers like push-mode.

Hello @Oyvind_Schibsted,

What device are you encountering this issue with? Unfortunately, some devices have compatibility issues with the Windows 10 native UAC2 driver. Our recommendation is to always install the manufacturer provided drivers to avoid this issue.

-John

This issue has been around for a year. I’ve made Roon support aware of it a couple times now but it never seems to get fixed.

Hi John. It is a based on a XMOS usb-solution with their usb-reference design. The native Windows 10 driver works in foobar and Jriver just fine, but i have registered that more and more people use Roon now so we would like it to work here aswell without the driver. I have tried changing the event-buffer up or down, but nothing seems to help.

Just wanted to give an update on this… This is no longer an issue with the current version of Roon. I cannot download the previous versions to see when it changed, but i hope it stays like this!