Windows 10 Output with Device Driver

I run Roon ROCK on a NUC, with music mostly on a NAS. I’m using a DAC that is capable of native DSD over USB, but only, apparently, with a device driver running on the machine sending the music data, and the driver is available only for Windows 10.

So my first question is, can I use a Windows 10 computer as a Roon Output–and have it run that device driver so that it will deliver native DSD to the DAC? I guess what I’m asking is, if I set that up, will everything work together? Does it matter that the core, from which the data will be copied to the Output, is running Linux/ROCK?

My second question is–assuming the answer to the first question is ‘yes’–I’m thinking the hardware for this Roon output could be very modest–am I right? It will not be performing any control or core functions–just relaying data from the core to the DAC.

Hope my question is clear.

Jim

Yes to all of those. You could buy a simple atom based fanless model install Roon bridge and your away.
Something as simple as this would do the job.

Fanless Mini PC Stick Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), T6 Intel Atom Z8350 Computer Stick 2GB RAM/ 32GB eMMC, Support 4K HD, Dual Band WiFi, USB 3.0, Bluetooth 4.2, Auto Power On https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RDF2LY1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_4.wzEbEG1CCF9

I would spring for the 64gb disk version and 4gb ram. Also note that you will have to use auto login to have roon bridge run at login and also note that Remote Desktop won’t run on home version windows, you need pro but something like teamviewer or anydesk should work if you don’t get something with pro option.