Windows 10 Pro not showing Roon menu bar [Solved – install latest video driver]

I am running ROCK with it being controlled from a Windows 10 Pro NUC (and an iPad).

Windows is not showing the top of screen as the Roon bar with the minimize and maximum icons are in the way. There is no difference between using a full window or a smaller window

I can see the bottom part of the menu and magnifying glass and the fun thing is that the clicking areas are in the correct place, i.e. it is below the Roon bar with the minimize and maximum icons.

Any ideas what can be causing this. I am using the Common Roon Downloads for Windows build 234 and a one week old Windows 10 Pro installation on a NUC7i5BNK.

Could be a display scaling issue. What are the current display resolution and scaling settings on the NUC? You could also try toggling between Roon’s fullscreen and windowed settings a couple of times to see if that clears things up. Use the F11 key on your keyboard to do this.

Thanks Geoff,

Expanding the Roon Window using the F11 key removed the Window name bar on top so that solves it for me.

I also tested changing the resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 1366 x 768 but it does not remove the overlapping.

Please let me know if you want me to do some further testing, I am fine with the F11 key workaround.

that doesnt look like clipping. It looks like the titlebar is being drawn OVER Roon, and not above it.

My guess is your graphics driver is making weird assumptions about opengl apps being games and not needing a titlebar.

Hello Danny,

Thanks for reaching out. Do you think it is a specific problem for my installation or a generic driver issue?
I have tested with the latest driver (15.45.19.4678) for the generation 7 NUCs with the issue remaining.
I have also tested with different scaling settings in the Intel control panel, but it does not have any effect.

Does anyone have any idea why Roon is partially covered by the windows title bar?
In the image below you can see that the window title bar is obscuring the Roon menu, bookmark etc.
I do not know why this has appeared like this and it seems to be Roon-specific in that other applications behave normally.
Running Win 10 with current updates, Roon with current updates, standard 1920x1080monitor, no scaling.
Thank you.

@PNCD – can you dump us some logs from this machine?

Also, can you let us know the hardware specs, especially the GPU and driver version from Device Manager. Thanks!

No difference.

Peter, that’s not Fullscreen mode - that’s “maximised Window” mode. Use the F11 key to enter Fullscreen mode. But also, please give mike the info he’s requested…

Link to RAAT and database logs https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsaKHGY9Pc_8kK5fB9jde9SjiDHacw
System: Gigabyte BRIX BS17-6500, i7-6500U, 16gb RAM, 500GB M.2 SATA SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520, driver 21.20.16.4678, Win 10 64bit.

So I guess I never knew about " full screen mode".
That does not have the problem and the menu choice align correctly. With “maximised Window” mode or partial Window mode, the mouse pointer must fall below the menu choice in order to select it.

Hi @PNCD ----- Thank you for the logs! Confirming that they’ve been received and are in our queue to be evaluated by a member of our tech team.

Once my report has been updated, I will be sure to update this thread accordingly with the team’s thoughts/findings. Your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric

Hi @joakim ---- Thank you for the feedback here and touching base with us. Apologies for the slow response.

Moving forward can you dump us some logs from this machine?

Also, can you let us know the hardware specs, especially the GPU and driver version from Device Manager. Thanks!

-Eric

Hi

I have probably done something stupid, but I cant figure out what. I have suddenly developed a problem with the interface not scaling properly. If I run it full screen its fine, but if I run in a window it is too large and cuts off some of the interface (plus has that slightly fuzzy effect when Windows is performing scaling). This has only just started and is only a problem on one of my PCs.

Any ideas?

Fullscreen OK

Windowed (to fullscreen)

Hi @BE718 — Thank you for the report and sharing your observation(s) with us. The insight is appreciated.

Moving forward, to help aide in my evaluation of this behavior you are experiencing can you please provide me with the make, model, and specs of the PC you are noticing this issue on.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. The PC is an Intel Skull Canyon NUC as below with 16Gb ram

Win 10 Pro (latest version). Graphics driver AFAIK are the latest and Roon is up to date.

This a remote PC and not the core. The core runs on a HP Probook4340 i7 laptop and doesn’t show the problem.

Hope this helps

regards

Alan

Hi @BE718 ----- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested information!

Moving forward, we would like to see if we can determine what is causing this behavior to occur by taking at look at your logs from remote PC having this issue. I will be contacting you via PM momentarily with instructions.

-Eric

Logs uploaded

Alan

Hi @BE718 ---- Thank you for the follow up! Confirming that the logs have been received and are in our queue to be evaluated by a member of our tech team.

Once my report has been updated, I will be sure to follow up with the team’s thoughts/findings. You patience is very appreciated!

-Eric

Hej @Eric ---- No worries about the lead-time, it is mid-“summer” weekend in Sweden so it will be some lead-time on my end as well.

I do not have Dropbox or similar so it is difficult for me to provide you with the logs, but here comes the other information you requested, sorry for the Swedish headlines.

NUC: Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i5BNK (replaced a Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYH which did not have the issue, but it did not have the latest update of Windows 10 Pro)