Windows 10 - Roon can't start

for me its the same. (on windows 10)
roon core wont start for a few days saying it cant load the database.
im pretty sure i did no chances to roon myself (not editing playlists, tags, files etc), and even when, it should not be possibe for a user to “destoy” the database.

this is bad that things like this happen

it shows me this. (cant load database)

Well, I have joined the club.

See this link for my resolution -

“I know dealing with corruption is painful”

not only one person has this problem right now
its not that painful if you would provide an update with a bugfix. i will wait for that for a month and wont reinstall or do anything else.

Hi @Max_Hudini,

I’ve moved all your post into one thread. I’ve also unlisted this thread so I can provide proper one-on-one help to help you resolve this issue.

Can you please send me a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? If you don’t have Dropbox / Google Drive / ect. just let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

unfortunately i dont have gdrive or dropbox. i could use a qnap share link?

i dont know if this has anything to do with it but i have the problem, since 2-3 month i think, that sometimes (maybe 2 times a week) roon core is not running when i want to use roon. i thought it was because roon crashes. but it could be because of reboot after update. (roon core dont autostart after reboot) like “Slim_Fishguttz” said.
but i am 98% sure windows auto restart after updates doesent happens that often…

another thing is that i have i think 250.000 tracks in queue for “track analysing” and that for month, maybe that could be a problem. the thing is “track analysing” is kind of broke for me. “slowed” is not working at all for month. sometimes with 4 Cores it starts, sometimes not, and sometimes it stops after like <100 tracks.
everything below 4 cores dont work at all and the rest works sometimes…

Hi @Max_Hudini,

Can you please upload the logs here?
https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9ecZj-LVTzf

It does sound like the current library is corrupted though if you are seeing that message.
Do you have any backups of your Roon database?

My advise would be to re-install RoonServer on the QNAP and restore to a backup at least a week before this issue started occurring.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.