Windows 10 Share Folder results in search or listing albums getting stuck

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10/Intel NUC Gen 10 i7/Build 764

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB

Description Of Issue

Hi, if (within Windows 10) I make the music folders shareable then when using Roon Remote (or directly from the Core) the following behaviours are exhibited: Search - results in speaker logo (busy). Or when selecting an artist, albums are not listed and the speaker logo (busy) is displayed.
If I ‘unshare’ the folder from Windows 10, normal behaviour resumes.

Hey @Paul_H,

Welcome to the community :wave:!

I’m only sorry it’s 13 days late. Please, accept my apology - I do wish we would have had a chance to reply sooner.

If I understand correctly, at the time of the post you were running Roon Build 764 on an Intel Nuc. Have you seen any changes after the update to build 778?

Also, have you tried enabling a different folder on the Windows 10? Does the same behavior occur?

Thanks in advance :pray:

Thanks Rebeka,
Sorry, I haven’t had a chance to fully re-test - but I re-shared one of the folders and is now fine (on build 778).
I should be able to carry out further testing tomorrow (on build 783), but looking good so far!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.