Windows 11 PC: ROON Constantly Loses Connection to ROON Core (SonicTransporter)

Roon Core Machine

Small Green Computer SonicTransporter Ver. 2.8 ST9, Intel i9, 8GB RAM
Roon Version 1.8 (Build 846)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Hardwired Ethernet 1000 Mbps, Full Duplex, MTU 1500 accessing FLAC files
on Synology DS1821+ via SMB File Service.

Connected Audio Devices

Dell Latitude 9510 16GB RAM, Windows 11 (recently updated from WIN10)
Intel(R) Core™ i7-10810U CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.61 GHz

Connected on same home network: wi-fi and ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

While playing ROON on my laptop, both via wi-fi or ethernet, ROON will suddenly stop until I hit the PLAY button again.

This happens numerous times which is very annoying. I have LOGS available from the SonicTransporter.

I posted this issue several months ago and I thought this issue was resolved by checking the Power and Firewall Settings as detailed below.

I’ve checked the firewall for exceptions for ROON and RAATSERVER and they are enabled. I even tried disabling the security software to see if that would help. No difference.

And, the problem appears when using ethernet or wi-fi connections.

I have a RME ADI-2 DAC FS attached but this problem occurs with and without the DAC connected.

Any ideas on what might be causing this pause/start/pause/start issue?

To be clear: The loss of connection ONLY occurs on this ROON Enpoint. I have several other streamers/endpoints (UltraRendu, Bluesound, Logitech Touch) that have no such problems.

A Dell XPS PC, running ROON, which is mere feet from the Latitude, plays ROON uninterrupted.

Scratching my head on this one.

I should also mention that ROON momentarily loses connection when playing FLAC files from the NAS and TIDAL files.

When playing TIDAL files directly on the Dell Latitude 9510 PC, there is NO interruption in music playing. Everything works perfectly fine.

UPDATE:

Looks like the solution was very simple. For some reason, this escaped my attention in the previous posts.

When the laptop is plugged into the power brick, ROON works perfectly with no pauses/interruptions.
It seems that the pauses & interruptions that caused ROON to pause is related to the power supply.

All the power settings were set to maximum performance with screensavers and sleep disabled.

So, with this particular laptop, ROON cannot run without interruption on battery power.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.